What will i gain switching to 1.6 rocker arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I know that you can only get so much lift out of factory vortec heads but why stop at 1.6 rockers when 1.65 and 1.7 can also be had for sbc you can get more out of a mild/moderate cam that will be plenty streetable I was going to build a engine I would find a cam that is best for what I want to do and then use the rocker arm ratio I can with out exceading valve lift limits of the heads I am using

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To sum it up, unless the heads flow air at the increased lift number from 1..6's......nobody knows.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
According to an article from car craft from God knows when they peak at around .500".

You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mean the 1.6 ratio will help exaggerate the valve events of the stock cam slightly however it’s not going to be a big HP gain alone. Combined with a different cam then there is a substantial potential for a gain depending on how large you go of course.
^^^ this, a lift change is not going to make a miracle.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to an article from car craft from God knows when they peak at around .500".

Carcraftheads.jpg
^^^Yep - this is from "Car Craft's Technical Articles Section" so, it must be gospel - 2 of us agreeing on something :lol:
You must be registered for see images attach