Audio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I had a stock head unit too, factory integration has come a long way. I think I saw a “retro sounds” deck for our trucks but if i remember correctly, it didn’t even look like our stock radios.
Edit: I think they used a work truck model as their base.

I bought a $25 kenwood radio (open box, b grade, demo unit) and it’s such a piece of Junk I just drive around in silence. I don’t even set the clock anymore.
I collect 88-94 radios and eq/tape players. I know a guy that can add BT, rca outs and aux to the radios.

gmurison

Reaction score
Finished product....... Before anybody asks, there are 3 chambers inside that box. 2 for the 6x9s and 1 big one for the subs. Can't have the subs tearing up the cone of the 6x9s!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach
Would you be willing to send the dimensions for this box? I would like to build an awesome setup similar to this for myself.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to send the dimensions for this box? I would like to build an awesome setup similar to this for myself.
I don't really keep box dimensions like that. I just stick build each box as they come in. Here are a few pictures of the box as it is being built and a test fit. You can get the idea and put your own spin on it.......

gmurison

Reaction score
I don't really keep box dimensions like that. I just stick build each box as they come in. Here are a few pictures of the box as it is being built and a test fit. You can get the idea and put your own spin on it.......
Much appreciated

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Birch ply?
Man, none of the shops I worked at ever had any templates or a router table.
Yes sir, its a little extra money, but worth it i believe..... MDF is cool and I still use 3/4" sometimes, and I use 1/2" ALL the time for beauty boards and trim panels.

I'm pretty spoiled with my shop.....

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, its a little extra money, but worth it i believe..... MDF is cool and I still use 3/4" sometimes, and I use 1/2" ALL the time for beauty boards and trim panels.

I'm pretty spoiled with my shop.....
Oh yea that’s nice. I e never worked with birch ply, I was always told that sound waves passed through it because it wasn’t dense enough which didn’t make sense to me because you want the box to be as stiff as possible so it dosent cancel the sound waves as it’s flexing. I figured ***** ply was stiffer than mdf. I wanted to special order a sheet of Hdf just to see how much of a difference there was.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score