Adj FPR mounting and the NHRA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Alright, so a friend of mine mentioned that my location of my FPR is not in compliance with NHRA rules. I do plan on taking my truck to the track occasionally, @Erik the Awful you are normally quicker at finding the obscure rules than I. Do you have any insight? Everything I have seen is that it needs to be 6" away from the bell housing which it is. I may have to make some sort of shield for it, but not sure. I can not find much info on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I was able to get clarification on it. The mounting of it is fine, the push-lok rubber hose not so much. i'd have to redo it to be the push-lok braided stuff with the clamps. So That is what i will do... nothing like redoing an already done system...

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not so sharp on NHRA requirements, but it sounds like 618 Syndicate is.

If you're going to use AN fittings, I'd go with braided hose. Those plastic end caps usually fit pretty tight over the end of the hose. That said, I've worked on plenty of equipment that jammed rubber hoses on just like you've done.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
No way I'd use that much hose.

You need more metal (or quality plastic) tubing, less hose.
The hose is Fragola Ez-Street Push-lok hose, it was a "cheap" kit I used to get the truck back on the road when I bought it(replaced whole fuel system in first week). I am looking at replacing the hose with the Fragola 8000 series braided hose now, since I do plan on taking it to the track. Nothing like redoing a system that was already done.

+1 What Schurkey said. I bought 25' of 1/2" aluminum fuel line from Summit when I plumbed the Jaggernaut. I'll see if I can get a pic of the FPR later.
www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g2512
I dont have the tools to bend metal piping, nor the fittings. I have all the push-lok fittings still and per the NHRA accepted products the 8000 series hose can be used in conjunction with the clamps which I have already, as they are just oetiker clamps.

www.fragolaperformancesystems.com/product/series-8000-black-braid-push-lok-hose/

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With what you'll save on the metal tubing vs. the "braided" hose, you can buy the tools you need.

Metal tubing is stronger, lighter, less-porous, has a longer service life, and is more resistant to damage from under-car debris kicked up by your wheels--or the wheels of the car in front.

Those Oetiker "ear" clamps are intended for one-time use. Re-using them is not advised. Re-useable Oetiker clamps are available, but the prices will make your eyes water.
Example: heater-hose clamps
www.amazon.com/dp/B008L482KC/?coliid=IDMCJK2RATMQX&colid=2VLYZKC3HBBDO&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I thought the whole point of "push-lock" hose was that it doesn't need clamps.