Dorman Body Mounts & You

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Latest issue on the truck rebuild was replacement of all the body mounts.

Dorman makes a really nice complete mount that they market for the radiator support on our trucks with no mention of it fitting the rest of the cab locations, even though the design looked to be the same. This is partially correct. Their mount fits the radiator support, and also the front of the cab. These mounts were complete with everything you need to fully replace your OEM ones.

All were installed, and I found my cab sagging in the rear and the body lines not matching up.

You must be registered for see images attach

As it turns out, the Dorman mounts are 3/4" too short for the rear mount of the regular cab truck that I have. Sadly, no one in the aftermarket makes a rubber replacement for the rear mounts on any of these trucks that I could find. There ARE poly versions out there that address this height difference issue, but I have little interest in poly body mounts. I've ridden in trucks with them and the added NVH from them is noticeable. I preferred to go OE style rubber. Here was the solution:

First, I measured the distance the body lines were off between the cab and box and found the the back of the cab was down essentially 3/4" of an inch. After a bit of thought, I purchased a 3/4" thick section of HDPE plastic off Amazon and got to work. HDPE is great for this job because it's super solid, doesn't compress, but is extremely easy to cut. I made two pucks, 4" wide with a 1/2" center hole. I also needed to source two new bolts, as the ones supplied with the Dorman mounts were now also 3/4" shorter than I preferred.

Stacked the puck on top of the new body mount between it and the cab, put in the new bolt, and the body lines up perfectly with the box. Perfect rear cab height on fresh new rubber body mounts. Very pleased with how this came out. Hopefully this helps someone else out if they decide to go with all-new aftermarket rubber mounts.

Note: I'm unsure of the difference in rear of the extended or crew cab trucks, if that's a concern for you and you want to use these mounts, you'll have to figure it out.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radiator and front cab mount bushings are the same. Rear mounts are taller, correct.

The aftermarket does sell rear mount replacements. #16 on LMC.

Extended cabs have 4 of the shorter bushings (interchangeable with the rad support) and 2 taller ones. Same mounts as the regular cabs, just two additional short ones.

When I did mine on my Sierra I bought the whole kit from LMC.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Radiator and front cab mount bushings are the same. Rear mounts are taller, correct.

The aftermarket does sell rear mount replacements. #16 on LMC.

Extended cabs have 4 of the shorter bushings (interchangeable with the rad support) and 2 taller ones. Same mounts as the regular cabs, just two additional short ones.

When I did mine on my Sierra I bought the whole kit from LMC.
Saw the same thing, but when I ordered my mounts, those rear mounts were on eternal backorder then as they are now.

The Dorman mount is readily available, and you can get them at several places that don't feature the LMC Tax.

Figured this would be a good solution if there's folks out there that don't have time to wait.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a kit with both GM 15567810 and GM 15567808, comes with the 4 GM 15706378 lower bushings. This would do a regular cab, for an extra cab you would need an additional 2 more GM 15567808. The core supports are available as posted by Dorman. Let’s face it, if you want GM cab mounts, Brazil is the only option.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw these on ebay. May be useful to some.