Prothane vs rubber body mount bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked there for Suburban mounts and only the core support ones were offered in rubber. The main ones were some plastic and weren't available anyway.

How do I know if I should change mine on my (low mileage) Suburban? Is there something in the driving of it that tells me?
Body lines gone haywire, doors having difficulty closing. Visually inspecting them too. Pinger yours may be fine. Mine are still good too. I have a complete OEM set for when I do need them. They are almost unobtainable now, never mind 5-10 years from now..

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are almost unobtainable now, never mind 5-10 years from now..
Hopefully manufacturing will get up and running after we give Slimy Slow Joe the boot. These trucks are gaining in popularity and prices for them is steady going up. My brother is wanting to get rid of his POS 03 Avalanche and get an OBS so he's been watching the market and prices rise for these old trucks.

Dangcat

Reaction score
Where do you see any rubber cab mounts on RA?
Fair question, I wasn't looking for rubber cab bushings. I was just making the broader statement of the whole thing. Just my opinion, I would think the poly body bushings wouldn't be as drastic a change as the suspension bushings.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair question, I wasn't looking for rubber cab bushings. I was just making the broader statement of the whole thing. Just my opinion, I wouldn't think the poly body bushings wouldn't be as drastic a change as the suspension bushings.
I’d also point out that saying rubber bushings are the “inexpensive” choice is wrong. They are far more expensive.

Dangcat

Reaction score
I’d also point out that saying rubber bushings are the “inexpensive” choice is wrong. They are far more expensive

Energy Suspension Poly control arm bushings $86 bucks, Rock Auto 39.22 for Rubber. ( and the poly was with free shipping )

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Energy Suspension Poly control arm bushings $86 bucks, Rock Auto 39.22 for Rubber. ( and the poly was with free shipping )
I’m talking about cab mounts. Which is what this thread is about. :deal:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to dig a bit and source a couple from Brazil. But, I wanted OEM rubber, being it’s already a 4x4 truck.

@Caman96, referencing the part numbers you listed earlier in this thread, do you happen to have their corresponding GM Brazil part numbers? I realize that not all GMT400 models manufactured and sold by GM in the US were manufactured and sold by GM Brazil, so there's possibly incomplete overlap b/t the part numbers you've listed and what may have been used by GM Brazil in the SA market.

(see https://www.gmt400.com/threads/prothane-vs-rubber-body-mount-bushings.64746/post-1359415)

Last edited: