Metal part of the body mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can get the rear metal part of the body mount that goes through the bushing? There’s nothing left of either side of mine to make up something and I know they are slightly taller than the other ones

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes they don’t have the metal piece on top it’s just the rubber bushing. I could make 2 if I had some dimensions. The strange thing is that this truck isn’t really that rusty but the back mounts were gone smashed out and the frame ear for the mount was rotted out. I have that done already and when I bought it I saw they needed to be replaced but I figured it was just wore out not rusted out

mwojoaa96

Reaction score
I crafted some. Bought a 24” section of 1-1/8 round bar. Lathed it to have a 13/16 bore. Then bought some 3” diameter 1/8” thick mild steel discs and welded them center onto the steel(tube) and bored the face of the disc out center. Then run them thru the rubber bushing and bolt thru the bottom with another 1/8” disc drilled to the size of the bolt. Got it all done for 50 bucks provided you have the tooling to do so. Going to nickel plate them this weekend.

LMC truck woulda costed a small fortune for oem and finding sleeve bearings and fender washers the right size were impossible to find cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost