Can mount replacement issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently replaced the drivers side cab mount bracket, the piece of steel it mounts to, and the inner cab corner. (I will add in LMC truck part numbers) Now, my door will not close properly as it looks sagged, and it closed perfectly fine before my work, and the door closing body lines all around the door are off as well. Any suggestions of what I all did wrong? This project has taken long enough and i am tired of running into issues!
Inner rocker 39-9632
Inner cab corner 39-9658
Rear cab mount support
39-9758
I also had to “modify” my already homemade bracket as when I put in the rear cab mount support I could never figure out how to get it in level, and so the mount it’s self is sitting at a bit of an angle truly. Any help is greatly appreciated!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the door sagging, or did your repair change the body form. As what was a squared up shape is now trapezoid from this
" I l " to now this " / / " . Getting one corner lifted even slightly could rack the opening. That would be my first thought based on the info you provided. Photos always help .

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think my repair changed the body form, as I said before I touched anything the door closed just as it was supposed to. What do you mean by the corner getting lifted? When I first started the cab was sagged since the mounts were rusted, and the cab had slid over towards the passenger side in the rear, I can get some pictures here soon, what specifically would help?

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did measure the door opening compared to the passenger door (which still works fine) and it is about 3/4 of an inch wider where I measured compared to the passenger side

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may just be overthinking this and need new door bushings.
Well if my body lines weren’t so off when I shut the door I wouldn’t be near as concerned. And the door worked like butter before this repair to

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of the floor steel, if you plug in LMC truck part number 39-9658 that will show you the only “cab side”
Steel I replaced. The rest is underneath that like the rear cab mount support, inner rocker etc.