Quality Body Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1992_SS_GM

Reaction score
Couple of questions
Thanks for your time in advance
I bought this truck for my daughter to drive to school a few months ago.
1992 all original except for the hideous headlights lol.
Discovered the sliding rear window leaking and replaced it with the factory solid privacy glass.
I have since discovered the drivers side cab corner has some bubbles from the rust presenting itself.
Looking for the parts below if you have them or any info on quality replacement panels.
• driver side cab corner
• cab and core support mount kit
• weatherstripping for doors and windows
• OEM Chevy driver and passenger front fenders (if the fenders are black and super clean it’s even better lol). I would like to stay away from aftermarket unless there is no alternative.
Thanks again for your time
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a very lucky girl to have that for a school ride!!!! You have set the bar pretty high!! Lol

As for cab corner patch panels, they are easy to find on Amazon or LMC truck etc.
Not sure what you mean by cab mounting kit, the rubber mounts?
Same with the core, you want the whole metal part that holds the radiator and headlights?
Definitely try and find OEM fenders. The repop ones are definitely thinner gauge metal.

Maybe our local Texas legend @HotWheelsBurban has leads on where you can find some, boneyard etc.

As for weatherstripping, I believe most people go with Steele(think that's them).
But if you spend some time on LMCs site they probably have whatever you desire.

1992_SS_GM

Reaction score
That's a very lucky girl to have that for a school ride!!!! You have set the bar pretty high!! Lol

As for cab corner patch panels, they are easy to find on Amazon or LMC truck etc.
Same with the core, you want the whole metal part that holds the radiator and headlights?
Definitely try and find OEM fenders. The repop ones are definitely thinner gauge metal.

Maybe our local Texas legend @HotWheelsBurban has leads on where you can find some, boneyard etc.

As for weatherstripping, I believe most people go with Steele(think that's them).
Thanks for the reply
I actually have 4 daughters and the youngest says dad I don’t want a new car to start school, I want an old hot Rod or a cool truck like you had.
I said this is definitely my child
So the search began.
Searched for nearly a year and ended up finding it a few miles from my house and I’ve known the guy for years and didn’t even know he had it lol.

The cab mount and core support mount rubber bushings is what I’m looking for.

I bought the spyder glass front headlights to get it back where you can see to drive lol.

I’ll look through LMC and some of the others tonight and get the cab corners.

I may try a few salvage yards to see if they have clean fenders. The place the small rust is starting is in the fender roll and to fix that it involves getting into the inner fender as well as the outer fender so replacing and painting will end up the cheaper route.

Thanks again for the information

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

What area of Houston are you in? I have been going to the 3 different LKQs in town, since they were still Pick Your Part yards (late '80s!). There is also a pretty decent yard near Hobby Airport, U Pull And Pay. All have good websites with inventory listings online, and they usually have a few OBS/400 series trucks. The only problem is, any truck that ends up in the yards, is probably pretty thrashed, and may not have too many straight panels.
But sometimes you can get lucky.... About a year and a half ago, I was out at the U Pull And Pay, and found a pretty good front bumper, with the slots for the deluxe trim pieces, just sitting on the ground, a couple of trucks away from the one it came in on. I was going to use it for a spare, but ended up having it put on my Burb after the wreck, because the body shop couldn't locate a good used or new bumper for what the insurance company would pay.