Extended cab rear body mount bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big nut

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m relatively new to working on trucks and I live up north in the rust belt so I like to prepare for the worst. I have a 1997 k15 extended cab 4wd and I plan on replacing all of the cab mount bushing and fixing the rear passenger side cab mount as it is rusted through. My biggest fear is breaking off the bolts and then I’m screwed. I have seen on the reg cab that there is an access panel to get to the top of these bolts from inside the cab under the carpet and I’m just wondering if under the carpet the extended cab also has these access panels. Just hoping someone knows before I go ripping out the carpet to find out myself. Thanks

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m relatively new to working on trucks and I live up north in the rust belt so I like to prepare for the worst. I have a 1997 k15 extended cab 4wd and I plan on replacing all of the cab mount bushing and fixing the rear passenger side cab mount as it is rusted through. My biggest fear is breaking off the bolts and then I’m screwed. I have seen on the reg cab that there is an access panel to get to the top of these bolts from inside the cab under the carpet and I’m just wondering if under the carpet the extended cab also has these access panels. Just hoping someone knows before I go ripping out the carpet to find out myself. Thanks
I don’t have extended cab. A guess would be yes. If I was that concerned, I’d pull up carpets first and PB Blast from top and below, heat too. What mounts you replacing with?

Big nut

Reaction score
I don’t have extended cab. A guess would be yes. If I was that concerned, I’d pull up carpets first and PB Blast from top and below, heat too. What mounts you replacing with?
I planned to look im currently at college without the truck here so I figured I would ask to see if anyone knew. I’m making a new piece so I can just cut out the rusted top of the mount and then weld in a new piece of 3/16 or 1/4 inch plate steel.