Rockers and body paint troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTMiller13

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I've got a 92 silverado extended cab long box here, picked it up this summer, to shorten it up for you all the previous owner planned on replacing the rocker panels, which would have been great but he just cut them out instead and never ended up putting in new panels and I am looking for some guidance. Also! I've got a very large truck, lots of square footage and the truck was painted entirely flat black... I dont hate this but I wish I could change it, open to ideas big and small...

Cheers!

J Miller

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi I would start by watching sone YouTube videos about rocker replacements and you will learn some tips and tricks. Do you have a mig or tig welder? If so get some scrap body panels from a junkyard and learn to weld on thin metal.

For changing the colour, yes it’s very time consuming and expensive these days to paint a vehicle let alone a huge one like your long box. I would personally keep the colour and touch up any imperfections that bother me.

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rocker panels might be the easy repair. Depending on what type of paint (an automotive grade paint or just a cheap spray paint) the previous owner used to achieve the flat black look. If it's the cheaper hardware store type rattle cans it will be a chore 2 sand off & repaint.