Firewall Repair Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
G'day,

I have a '94 GMT 400 in Melbourne Australia, these things aren't thick on the ground here so parts aren't readily available.

I have discovered rust in the firewall which will need to be cut out and replaced.

Before I start attacking it and fabricating my own, I have had a bit of a look around the internet and can't find repair panels for these trucks with no luck.

Is anyone here able to point me in the right direction, or do I just make my own?

Cheers
HARRY

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
G'day,

I have a '94 GMT 400 in Melbourne Australia, these things aren't thick on the ground here so parts aren't readily available.

I have discovered rust in the firewall which will need to be cut out and replaced.

Before I start attacking it and fabricating my own, I have had a bit of a look around the internet and can't find repair panels for these trucks with no luck.

Is anyone here able to point me in the right direction, or do I just make my own?

Cheers
HARRY
Haven't seen any; these trucks are probably in that middle ground between "just old trucks" and "classics" where you wouldn't see parts like that made just yet, if ever.

Here in the states they're still all over the place so the market for that particular patch panel doesn't really exist.

Kind of surprised to hear you found rusty spots. Is the truck a diesel? That's the only time I've seen firewall rust of any kind on a GMT400; when I pulled the insulation pad off my '94 3500HD it had the beginnings of surface rust in a few areas, but no rust-through yet.

Richard

Frankinstyn

Reaction score
Haven't seen any; these trucks are probably in that middle ground between "just old trucks" and "classics" where you wouldn't see parts like that made just yet, if ever.

Here in the states they're still all over the place so the market for that particular patch panel doesn't really exist.

Kind of surprised to hear you found rusty spots. Is the truck a diesel? That's the only time I've seen firewall rust of any kind on a GMT400; when I pulled the insulation pad off my '94 3500HD it had the beginnings of surface rust in a few areas, but no rust-through yet.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cool.. a whole firewall panel and cheap enough you could chop it up if you wanted to.

Edit - if you look harder you may find that part is discontinued, which could make obtaining it tricky.

And I've got a new fan following me around. :)

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There isn't any mention of discontinued on the listing or in checkout. There are even reviews from 2 days ago.

Don't be that guy. New to this forum doesn't mean new to forums in general.

Recent threads post on the side page. Nothing to do with you.
Discontinued

I guess buy one and let us know when it arrives?

Funny how when I went to browse your member name and look for the "ignore" button, it said you were viewing my profile page.

Richard

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure I've ever seen lower firewall repair sections for these trucks. I have made my own for other vehicles hammer forming over piece of pipe or a shaped wood block to form simple curves using typical body hammers and duckbill style vice-grips to form flanges. Or, instead of trying to do in one piece a couple smaller pieces welded together if more complex with compound shapes. More than one way to get there. Grabbing and clipping shapes out of the bodyshop sheet metal scrap pile that suit the task etc.
Cool.. a whole firewall panel and cheap enough you could chop it up if you wanted to.

Edit - if you look harder you may find that part is discontinued, which could make obtaining it tricky.

And I've got a new fan following me around. :)

Richard
^^^this. Lots of catologs list parts numbers etc for reference, doesn't always mean they can be bought individually or ever available that way, one such example is the engine crossmember welded to the frame. Catologs list it separate part and part# from the frame with buy now buttons but it was never available that way. Had to buy a frame to get it. A complete firewall for $62 and change???? +$500 for oversized shipping around the globe. Could make them for free out of a bent up discarded hood or the like.

Yeah pick up the phone and call....see what happens. oems are only required to make and sell stuff for 7 years after the last date of any particular model production date. Lots of the left overs etc get wholesaled off to places like LMC etc. to make room for current model production parts.

Somebody's, not someotherguy, got alot to learn before getting their ass on their shoulder's.

he wouldn't be the first one to m'''''f me on my profile page lol

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn't any mention of discontinued on the listing or in checkout. There are even reviews from 2 days ago.

Don't be that guy. New to this forum doesn't mean new to forums in general.

Recent threads post on the side page. Nothing to do with you.
@someotherguy is correct for pointing this out. Oftentimes you’ll pay for the part, and then get an email saying it’s Discontinued. And then your money isn’t returned right away either.

Also, the Reveiws are for ALL parts sold from this site:

REVIEWS​

Average 4.9/5 stars on 69 reviews.
Reviews shown here have been placed by customers purchasing from our website. Upon completing a purchase, each customer has the option to leave a review about their experience.

Doubtful they’ve ever sold 69 of these.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@someotherguy is correct for pointing this out. Oftentimes you’ll pay for the part, and then get an email saying it’s Discontinued. And then your money isn’t returned right away either.

Also, the Reveiws are for ALL parts sold from this site:

REVIEWS​

Average 4.9/5 stars on 69 reviews.
Reviews shown here have been placed by customers purchasing from our website. Upon completing a purchase, each customer has the option to leave a review about their experience.

Doubtful they’ve ever sold 69 of these.
looking at reviews like that , and I didn't, nor am I going to look deeper. The reviews can be inclusive, like the site sold 69 varying parts.....like all together and the reviews are more about how they did as a specific seller, and not so much about specific items.