Aaaand I bought another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So, I wasn't really planning on buying another truck anytime soon, but long story short, I now have a 1992 GMC Sierra K1500 RCSB. It is going to me my temporary daily driver/hauler until I find the perfect 2500 pickup. Anyways, I found this on Craigslist, was only 5 minutes from my house. It's been off the road since about 2011. I got it from a guy who was in the process of restoring it, but he said he lost interest because he really wanted to do an older square body instead. He went over pretty much the whole frame with a wire wheel and painted it, looks pretty good, it's super solid for being around NY. The only original part about it is the cab and frame. It needs lots of things put back together and tightened, like the bed, bumpers, lights, and most of the interior. There's a few small things other than that, but I think it will make a nice daily driver. It has an '86 350 with a carb, 700r4 trans, and the 14 bolt SF rear with 3.73s. No posi, but I have the G80 unit I took out of my other project I'll probably pop in. Here's a couple pics of it when I just got it home. Short term plans are to get the body all back together, spray bomb it black, then put the interior back together and drive it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Sure is, I figured since it was nearby i'd take a look at it, and ended up going back home and getting the trailer, too good of a deal to pass up, even if it needs to be put back together haha

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Can't wait to start tearing into this thing, I think tomorrow I will test out some paint to see how well it lays out, and take out all of the extra parts that came with it so I can actually get a good interior picture.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Hell that's not bad looking, especially if all you have to do is scuff and paint. Good score

5 minutes from your house? How many times have you driven past it not knowing it was there?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
This is just one assholes opinion but I'd bolt it back together and run it as is (paint wise)

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Hell that's not bad looking, especially if all you have to do is scuff and paint. Good score

5 minutes from your house? How many times have you driven past it not knowing it was there?
It has been stored in a barn for a long time, that why it's so Dusty.