About to bring another one home.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Reaction score
... "Good Truck" :33:

Still a good parts truck, the drivetrain should still be ok with fresh fluids but that body is rough! And it'll never have fully functional electronics being fully submerged.

If you can get it running, it would be a solid candidate for mounting a snow plow up front tho
We don’t get enough snow to justify a plow lol. Might make a good woods truck for the 450 acres my family owns

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you’re saying there’s a chance…. lol man I didn’t know glass was that high for these.
I replaced the windshield in WCJr a couple years ago and it was about $220. Last week I replaced the rear window in Roscoe, and it was $280.

I'd definitely get it running and bomb it around the 450 acres.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Update. So according to my dad the thing was totally submerged, so this truck is probably a write off. Sucks to see a good truck die, but I guess we can’t save them all.

Not good. But for $500, I'm probably still game. However, you mentioned it went into the drink running.. It's good that the engine spins over, but I'd be curious to see the results of a compression test. I've read about engines which hydrolocked, they end up as short strokers courtesy of bent rods.... Even if that's the case, it's a great candidate for an engine swap. Check on that trans and the fuel tank too, make sure water didn't get in either of those. Seeing as that truck is as solid as it is, no worries that's all beat up. That's character, and you are far less likely to have people road raging with you as a result. Reminds of a 1991 F-150 I bought. Regular cab, shortbox with a straight six and a five speed. XLT trim with A/C, power windahs, locks, tilt wheel and cruise control as well as dual gas tanks. Damn thing was scratched up, faded paint and every panel was bruised or dented. But I was all in when I saw how clean it was, still had stickers on the frame. Actually miss that truck. Buddy wanted it, so I sold it to him and then his dad promptly blew the engine up.

bigcountry78

Reaction score
I think I’m going to do a compression test to see how healthy the engine is. On a 4.3 with 145k, what should the numbers be in an ideal situation?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be looking for 150 psi in each cylinder, but if most of them are over 120 psi, it's good enough for a woods truck.

Seeing as that truck is as solid as it is, no worries that's all beat up. That's character, and you are far less likely to have people road raging with you as a result.
My '76 Cadillac Sedan DeVille was like that. I had a dual exhaust on it, no hubcaps on the steelies, bad paint, rust holes, and I ripped the vinyl top off it. My friends put air horns on it when I was TDY. Traffic parted for that car. It was awesome!

Cut half a coil out of one of the front springs so it leans and nobody will f* with you.