Got another GMT 400!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
After talking to a family member of mine he had said he had a truck on his property and I could have it if I wanted it. Ended up taking it home about two weeks ago and just recently got it running again after it had sat for 6 years, this is my (new to me) 1990 Chevrolet K1500 Cheyenne RCSB. She still needs a lot of work, but hey it was free and she only has 84k miles!
She also is pretty bare bones as far as options go, it has a 305 and a three speed auto with a factory limited slip other than that she's completely base model
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I couldn't believe it either, I just about damn near fell over when I saw the mileage. It was a government truck when it was new, and it ended up being shipped to Wisconsin after it was sold by the government. my family member only used it to haul wood in the winter so it didn't get driven much the last 10-15 years or so.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a heck of a good deal. Looks like she's been beaten down a bit, but they are worth saving. Wonder if those mirrors are Gov't issue??

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a heck of a good deal. Looks like she's been beaten down a bit, but they are worth saving. Wonder if those mirrors are Gov't issue??
Yeah not pictured is the rockers and cab corners (or lack there of...) the rockers and cab corners are completely rusted away and the bed fenders are starting, but they still able to be saved. Other than that the rust is fairly minimal although the mice got to the interior a bit so ill have to fix that. The mirrors are factory from GM, they're sport mirrors and they're down right useless! they are so small compared to the other mirrors offered.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah not pictured is the rockers and cab corners (or lack there of...) the rockers and cab corners are completely rusted away and the bed fenders are starting, but they still able to be saved. Other than that the rust is fairly minimal although the mice got to the interior a bit so ill have to fix that. The mirrors are factory from GM, they're sport mirrors and they're down right useless! they are so small compared to the other mirrors offered.
Too bad you weren't closer or I'd swap my black elephant ears with ya!!! I actually just got some knockoff sport mirrors last week. I'm sure they will be an adjustment to use for sure.

Reaction score
Too bad you weren't closer or I'd swap my black elephant ears with ya!!! I actually just got some knockoff sport mirrors last week. I'm sure they will be an adjustment to use for sure.
I already have a guy who wants to trade for them hahaha! Those black elephant mirrors are what looking for though! Unfortunately the glass from the drivers side mirror is missing but the passenger side is still there

Reaction score
And looking back, your other 400 is awesome, so I'm sure this is more of a project. You planning on cutting and welding yourself?
Yeah the 90’ Chevy is the project. My green gmc is the daily driver at the moment. I actually just picked up a welder yesterday lol, eventually I’ll end up putting in the patch panels but up next is brakes because more than one brake line is completely shot, surprisingly it stops fairly decent though.