Aaaand I bought another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
This is just one assholes opinion but I'd bolt it back together and run it as is (paint wise)
I would consider it, but there are spots sanded down go bare metal and this thing would rust right over after the first rain. I prefer to have it one solid color, I think i'm going to go all black

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I would consider it, but there are spots sanded down go bare metal and this thing would rust right over after the first rain. I prefer to have it one solid color, I think i'm going to go all black
Just put some autozone decals over the metal spots... +15bhp per decal ;)

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
you should try the ace brand rust stop rattle can paint. You can get it in like 20 differernt colors. It doesnt run easily and it sprays like a legit paint gun instead of spraying in a circle. That stuff is by far the best rattle can paint ive found yet.
Nice score on the truck btw.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm thinking I might go with the same paint that I used on my frame for my other project. You can buy it in a can, I got some for touch ups and it sprays nice, but I don't know if I want gloss. I'll do a little testing tonight to see how it looks

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'd consider using a paint gun, but I don't have that or a good enough compressor to spray with. This isn't something I care about looking nice, as long as it's one color, I'll be happy. I'm not very patient when it comes to bodywork thats for sure.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've seen people use airless sprayer's, i've rolled paint that looked good from five foot. I'm too lazy for wet sanding.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Well, I got a bunch done tonight, I was able to get the whole thing in primer, and I had a can of the Majic gloss black in a can, and I must say, I think it turned out better than any other spray bomb paint job i've ever done, and it should even flatten out more as it dries overnight! I will have to go into town and get a couplemore cans, I only used 1 and was able to cover as much shown in the pics, and will probably end up doing 2 coats. Aside from that, I took all of the spare parts out, and got an interior pic. I took it down the road for the first time, and it definitely needs some tuning. I found 2 vacuum caps on the carb were rotted and leaking, and aside from that, really should get a new carb anyways.
You must be registered for see images attach