Just bought this, how do I make this work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d616

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
obviously rubbing is a understatement, I'm in the middle of it now. This is not my daily driver, I want to put in the time to make it work.

Would Baja fenders for the front be wise? I don't know if rolling is worth it here.

Maybe rolling for the back is... I'm not sure.

Also I'm told the studs for the rears are too short? Does arp have any answer for that?

What's the efficient fix here?

(Update

22x8.25

With a 127mm offset.

I believe is the wheel specs.

They are on the truck now, it just rubs the body obviously, and I need longer studs.

I was hoping to see some options for aftermarket fenders but it looks like I'm just cutting and rolling)

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New tires is the quickest fix.
You can't roll the rear fenders, they're fiberglass. You can trim a little though.
IMO baja fenders on the front of a lowered vehicle would look incredibly stupid.
If your wheel studs are too short any reputable wheel/tire shop in your area should be able to help you source longer ones. The bigger issue is the wheel offset. What are those wheels for?

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size tires are on the truck in the picture? and what are the offset specs on those wheels? (oops, repeat question... I was looking up the size)

285/50r22 = 33x11

Last edited:

d616

Reaction score
The wheels tires from the first picture are no longer part of the equation.

I've decided I'm not spending more money on wheels and tires, I'm going to make the ones it's on now work.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
A lift kit would be the easiest way to run those wheels. Otherwise, get your wallet ready, it'll get spendy quick.

Edit: I've wondered what 19.5s would look like on a lowered dually. Makes the tires look huge. I kinda like it.

d616

Reaction score
22x8.25

With a 127mm offset.

They are on the truck now, it just rubs the body obviously, and I need longer studs.

I was hoping to see some options for aftermarket fenders but it looks like I'm just cutting and rolling...

d616

Reaction score
A lift kit would be the easiest way to run those wheels. Otherwise, get your wallet ready, it'll get spendy quick.

Edit: I've wondered what 19.5s would look like on a lowered dually. Makes the tires look huge. I kinda like it.
I'm not looking for easy, I want to take the time to make it work.

I'm just seeing a bunch of cutting and rolling soon to come.

And ya the wheels it had did give a sweet bulge look.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so you want to keep the truck lowered and run the 22s with mud tires?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22x8.25

With a 127mm offset.

I was hoping to see some options for aftermarket fenders but it looks like I'm just cutting and rolling...
You can't roll the rear fenders. And you probably can't trim enough off the inside to clearance those tires. You will eventually burn a hole through the fenders if they're rubbing.