'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, I've been bored lately, so I made the Burb in Garry's Mod.

I modeled a lot of the parts like the grille/hub caps in google Sketchup, but the base Suburban was pre made (I wish I could do something about those mirrors)

I also made some other cars (I made the TIV was made from scratch)

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had some proper smokey and the bandit **** go on yesterday.

After a lady in a honda accord ran a stop sign, I swerved over the center median going about 40, caught a little air, and ended up in a family dollar parking lot.

The wheel is trashed, my alignment is screwed, the tire rod if bent, the sway bar link is missing, and the tire seems to have rolled in the lip of the fender.

It could have been a lot worse though.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup could of been a lot worse. Nothing that cant be fixed and back one the road. That's why I love steelies. Cheap enough to replace without costing an arm and a leg

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup could of been a lot worse. Nothing that cant be fixed and back one the road. That's why I love steelies. Cheap enough to replace without costing an arm and a leg
Yea, I got it drivable for the moment since I got a matching spare wheel, tire and hub cap.

It seems to drive exactly as it did before after changing the wheel which really surprises.

I got a list of things I need to get off rock auto for it, so I'm adding these to it.

Towing the Studebaker without trailer brakes really screwed over my front brakes (my turned down junkyard rotors are warped, and pads are almost metal to metal despite being only 7,000 miles old).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Sounds like if your front brakes are wearing out that fast, maybe the rears are not adjusted correctly? Front brakes do about 2/3 of the stopping, but they should last longer than 7,000 miles! Even driving in Houston traffic, I get a year or more out of a set on my Burb. Worth a look anyway. Good luck!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good call on the parts. I got the ac delco rotors from rock auto. My original ones had 472k miles on em and were not only warped bad but also at the legal limit. I hope these will last a long time too

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a lady in a honda accord ran a stop sign, I swerved over the center median going about 40, caught a little air, and ended up in a family dollar parking lot.
Did she at least stop, make sure you were alright, and apologize?

I recommend a dashcam. I have a dashcam in my wife's car, and I need to buy another for mine, but I'm still trying to find a reasonably priced dashcam that's not a pain in the butt to use.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did she at least stop, make sure you were alright, and apologize?

I recommend a dashcam. I have a dashcam in my wife's car, and I need to buy another for mine, but I'm still trying to find a reasonably priced dashcam that's not a pain in the butt to use.
No she didn't she just kept going. I actually do have a dashcam, but I barrowed the sd card for something else (Yea, that wasn't the best decision).