'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have that exact same video camera. I have had it for years.

Jester, I asked you and another guy once before but did not get a response. what radar apps or sources do you use?

there was a radar app called storm radar that had a very detailed image with a long term 6 hour? future image. they were bought by the weather network and shut down. I started using the weather channel one and it's okay but I want something better.

what do you use for radar?
On my phone, I got an app called "My Radar" it's free, but you got to purchase addons for it. It's good for what it is, but RadarScope is sort of the standard for phone apps (it's ******* expensive though).

Now on a PC, I use nothing but the best, GR Level 3, now it's about $80 but it's probably the best radar software you can get on any platform (of course you need a Windows PC for it).

If you are just starting out, I'd get My Radar, since it's free (to start with) and has a lot of pro level features.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
thank you so much! funk ya! I dont mind paying at all. I have a son who wants to be a meteorologist. as a toddler we went through a big storm and had to seek shelter from softball sized hail and all that comes with it... the massive tornado was on Lake Huron and came ashore in a town not too far away but far enough thankfully. its had a long lasting impact on him and hes not scared but needs to know what's going on. hes 11 and hes our local weather man.

CHEERS!

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you so much! funk ya! I dont mind paying at all. I have a son who wants to be a meteorologist. as a toddler we went through a big storm and had to seek shelter from softball sized hail and all that comes with it... the massive tornado was on Lake Huron and came ashore in a town not too far away but far enough thankfully. its had a long lasting impact on him and hes not scared but needs to know what's going on. hes 11 and hes our local weather man.

CHEERS!
Kinda the same story with me, I was always interested with weather from a young age after my dad told me the story of how a tornado hit the family farm and took the house when he was young.

From a young age, my parents made the horrible mistake to indulge this obsession, (among others) and I am who I am now because of it.
You must be registered for see images attach

I tried to make a tornado probe out of parts of an old computer when I myself was 11).

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Iv haven't had to many scary experiences but we do live in the northern part of tornado ally in Southern Ontario. My grandfather lived through an F4 in 1953 that leveled his half of the city when he was a young boy. he could never sleep with a storm going on. when I was with him I would wake up and watch it with him. we would go for cruzes during the day and seek funnel clouds. seen many as a kid with him. the biggest I seen was just after I got my license and was driving with my dad it wasnt a stormy day but I thought I saw a massive funnel through an opening in the trees out of the corner of my eye. my dad brushed it off until we got on the main road and there it was hovering up in the sky. he started shaking and wouldnt let me chase it.

I guess I shouldn't say that I havent been in a scary situation. I got caught on Lake Huron, not far from shore but far enough in a small boat with a small motor. the storm moved so damn fast that when we saw it and pulled our lines it was almost immediately on us and the waves were throwing us all over and then slamming us on the bottom in between waves. we beached it and the waves filled the boat with sand completely. a few hours later was when we finally made it back to the marina and they had to call off a search that they just initiated. there was like 30 guys cheering for us. when we pulled into our camp we had the same response, my wife was just balling and so was my buddies GF. apparently this was a very violent storm that spawned a bunch of twisters but not until it made it's way inland thankfully.

Ya I guess I like to keep an eye on the weather to make sure everyone is safe. I'll even send a couple of my friends heads ups texts messages with radar images prior to any official warnings.

thanks again man!

I didn't say it before either but you did an awesome job on the pin striping!

Last edited:

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I took the Burb into the shop today and gave her a fresh coat of wax (as well as sanding out some runs).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just shined up some of the chrome on the truck, and it doesn't look too bad.

Attachments

• 20210916_112034.jpg
    20210916_112034.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210916_112223.jpg
    20210916_112223.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210916_111935.jpg
    20210916_111935.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210916_111929.jpg
    20210916_111929.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210916_112024.jpg
    20210916_112024.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 3

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I flew back to Peoria for the weekend, and my flight was delayed by 6 hours ($33 worth of air travel for you)

I just pulled O'l Yeller out of Mothballs, and she started right up, I'm now considering seeing if I can take her to Denver and take the Studebaker back home. I missed this truck.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking the old 'Burban overlanding.

What do you guys think? I got the whole weekend to myself, and there are a lot of trails around.

The problem is that I don't know the square root of **** about overlanding.

I've camped in the 'Burb before (after everyone in my family but me got COVID).