'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have noticed in Houston traffic, many people in little low cars seem to think twice about whipping in right behind the Burb. I think that big chrome bumper and grungy trailer hitch at grille/face level has something to do with that...and I don't even have the ball mount in( got tired of banging my shins on it!).
Detroit iron>imported plastic y'all!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got this unit properly displaying its name now.
How many emblems did you have to cut and reassemble to get that? Looks cool and different.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have noticed in Houston traffic, many people in little low cars seem to think twice about whipping in right behind the Burb.
When towing the race car, I always get assigned to the driving stints through Houston or Atlanta. In heavy traffic, drivers in Houston will swerve at you, and when you jam on your brakes they dart over in front of you. In a 6,000 lb truck with a 6,000 lb trailer you can't make sudden steering or braking inputs, and I almost destroyed a Prelude who assumed I was jamming on the brakes.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
When towing the race car, I always get assigned to the driving stints through Houston or Atlanta. In heavy traffic, drivers in Houston will swerve at you, and when you jam on your brakes they dart over in front of you. In a 6,000 lb truck with a 6,000 lb trailer you can't make sudden steering or braking inputs, and I almost destroyed a Prelude who assumed I was jamming on the brakes.
Yup that sounds exactly like H Town! Had a dumba$$ the week before last, on 610 West Loop, suddenly realize his exit is right there,and crosses 3 lanes of traffic diagonally to get to that exit. Definitely one of those"God put his hand down to keep a 4 or 5 car pileup from happening" moments! And traffic violation stops are non-existent anymore, so these idiots are presuming that gives them permission for bad behavior. We try to plan our driving to stay on the surface streets, and off the freeway unless it's late enough there's not much traffic.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I flew home for Thanksgiving, had a brined and smoked turkey, fixed O'l Yeller up a bit (My dad is going to Nebraska next week, so I asked him to take it with him).

I'll intercept him and tow it the rest if the way back to Denver, my issue is that I got to rebuild the front end of my truck beforehand (it really needs it since my little accident).

I was going to do this at the schools shop, but then I won't have a running car to get me to work/school. I might just see if my dad wants to drive another 14 hours round trip to take my other truck to me.

It runs and drives good enough to get me where I need to go I just don't trust it making the full trip (somehow driving something that burns a quart of 20w50 oil every 80-90 miles across country doesn't seem like a good idea to me). It might make the 7 hours (If I bought a case of oil).

Anyways, I'm just trying to figure out what to do.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I found a deal on some vinyl '24 by "18 wood grain. Should I woodgrain the Burb?

It's getting boring looking, and I want to spruce it up a bit (like when I put the racing stripe on it).

I tried to do a bit of a wood grain effect on the '74, and it didn't look too bad.