89 C3500 RCLB for sale in Mississippi - $4000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Selling my backup truck to get something a little newer.

89 Chevy C3500
TBI 454 with th400 (turbo 400) auto transmission
Dana 70-3HD full floating rear axle

THE GOOD:
-Very recent tune-up and new rear brakes, stops on a dime
-Great paint besides slight clear coat peeling on hood
-Very straight body - only one dent on the whole truck, on the rear lower bed side.
-Not a speck of rust anywhere - originally a California truck
-Lots of pulling power and smooth shifting transmission
-Quiet exhaust
-Good tires with matching spare under the bed
-Comes with toolbox and sun screen for windshield
-Still has factory floormats and carpet in great shape
-10,000-lb towing capacity
-Has trailer hitch with trailer wiring

THE BAD:
-No radio currently installed. I removed the stock one because it buzzed constantly. Includes dash trim piece to install a CD player. I can put a radio in it if this is a deal breaker.
-Odometer is broken. I bought the truck with a broken odometer and the previous owner estimated 150k miles as the truck was mostly used on a farm. I bought a new gauge cluster when I got the truck and it worked for 2 weeks until that one broke. All other gauges work fine. I added a pic of where I asked the last owner the mileage and a pic of the day I got a new gauge cluster from the junkyard
-One headlight mount is cracked so I have a piece of plastic jammed in there to hold the light steady.
-Worn spot on seat on driver's side; I added foam to build up the torn spot and then put a seat cover on it.
-Typical rattles from the interior because the truck is old.
-Power door lock switches don't work but I have 2 new switches that will be included
-Not trying to hide anything on this truck, it's old and I have listed its only issues.

RECENT MAINTENANCE:
-Engine oil, oil filter, air filter
-Spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor
-New shocks front and rear
-New pitman arm, idler arm, tie rod ends, and steering box seals with professional alignment afterwards
-New serpentine belt and tensioner
-New wipers and wiper motor
-Transmission fluid changed and filter replaced
-Differential fluid changed
-Brake shoes, wheel cylinders, and hub seals changed
-Seat removed and deep cleaned carpet and interior
-Added cargo tie-downs to bed
-Wired in 7-way trailer plug with brake wire to interior for trailer brakes

PARTS INCLUDED:
-Toolbox
-Bed rails (currently not installed)
-Running boards (currently not installed)
-Original gauge cluster
-New serpentine belt
-2 new power door lock switches
-Windshield sun visor

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a few more pics and details.

-Sliding back glass
-Removed faulty smog pump and leaky air lines, plugged manifold holes with countersunk fittings

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice example, looks good and it’s a good price.

I wouldn’t bat an eye if I’d seen that listed in an ad for $6k as I’d try to talk you down to five and change. Around here (Jackson) complete heaps are posted for $4k.

Food for thought if you’re selling it in a local ad :) good luck with the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
If you were just a couple hundred miles closer, I would have a VERY hard time not going out and buying that truck lol. Good looker and good price, I don't see it taking long to sell!

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice example, looks good and it’s a good price.

I wouldn’t bat an eye if I’d seen that listed in an ad for $6k as I’d try to talk you down to five and change. Around here (Jackson) complete heaps are posted for $4k.

Food for thought if you’re selling it in a local ad :) good luck with the sale.

Well I’ll sell it for 5 if that’s what you want to pay lol I’m just north of Picayune. I’m in Hattiesburg pretty often so if you want to look at it one day I can meet you somewhere in between. I have it posted in the Hattiesburg Craigslist

If you were just a couple hundred miles closer, I would have a VERY hard time not going out and buying that truck lol. Good looker and good price, I don't see it taking long to sell!

where you at? I like road trips

Nice truck, good deal. Glws.

Nice truck! I wish I could buy this, but I don’t know where to hide it from my SO lol

Love to see that here in Rochester. I've been looking for just a machine for my next project

thanks y’all

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reliability update: Drove 4 hours each way pulling a car hauler trailer today to go look at a truck near Monroe, LA. The other truck wound up being a turd so I didn’t buy it but this truck did great on the trip. Pulled the empty trailer like it wasn’t even there on long hills. It’s proving to be a very trustworthy truck. That was the second trip I’ve taken in it that was all day of driving and both trips had zero issues.