88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ald94

Reaction score
I have a 94 single cab, and I have a perfect set of 03 silverado buckets. Do the 94 bucket risers bolt to the 03 bucket seats? My truck hada bench in it.

Reaction score
just put a 60/40 in my 97 exscb my interior is kinda light gray, iwill give my buckets to somebody on her if they come pick them up, i dont want them laying around and i dont want to mess with shipping them, they are good shape no rips or tears but need a good shampoo job i am located ib central illinois p.m me if intrested - oh centrer console also in good shape

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
i didnt see the answer to my question in here so ill ask, i currently have a bench seat in my 88, can i swap to a newer obs 60/40 seat? are the risers the same so i dont have to swap that?

Yes, & yes.
You'll need to drill 4 holes for the two inside tracks. Then you should be good to go.
Slide the seats all the way forward on the tracks before you start. That way they'll stand up on their own, & not be falling over fighting you.
Make sure that the tracks are in the same position side to side, on the seats themselves, so that when you mark the holes, you will get the full travel of the seats when they are bolted down.

*** When the seats are on the bench, and you hit the release on the tracks... KEEP YOUR FINGERS OUT OF THE WAY!!! The spring on the tracks will yank 'em back so fast it'll REALLY do damage to your mitts. On some of the larger seats the springs are so strong, that when they are released, those tracks WILL remove digits.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been looking for some seats for my 94 K1500. Do you think seats from a '99 Buick Century would fit? Seems like the Century is the same platform as the Bonneville.

Your seat tracks & risers from the truck should bolt up the Buick seats, no problem. Pix when you do this?

*** SEE WARNING ABOVE ***

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
just put a 60/40 in my 97 exscb my interior is kinda light gray, iwill give my buckets to somebody on her if they come pick them up, i dont want them laying around and i dont want to mess with shipping them, they are good shape no rips or tears but need a good shampoo job i am located ib central illinois p.m me if intrested - oh centrer console also in good shape

Dammit! I want some better buckets. I'm from Central IL, but live in AZ right now.