88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulleyman

Reaction score
The seats re from an 06 tahoe...
Do those have the seatbelts built into the seat? How'd that work out for ya, can't see in the pics?
Anyone ever try Cadillac seats? I had a '99 STS that had badazzz seats in it...

ARTEMIS1759

Reaction score
ok LET ME GIVE SOME MORE INFO SINCE i JUST TORE A 94 yUKON SEAT AND A 93 bLAZER SEAT ALL THE WAY TO THE FRAME. Sorry about caps. The seat bolts to the seat frame. If it is a power seat the power mechanism is totally housed inside the seat riser. Seats themselves do not have the power mechanism just the risers. To convert a manual seat to power seat or vise versa there is a bracket that screws to the frame itself and all mounting holes for any seats are there weather or not they have the option. So all seats can be converted to power or manual. I found this out because my Yukon is manual and Blazer is power. I needed to swap the frames because if you have owned any of these vehicles for a number of years you know that the welds break. To remove various parts on bucket seats check this out: The arm rest all you do is push in a little and pull backwards and then pull it out. Seat back cover: Pull the staple at the bottom and pull up the zipper and carefully pull the cover off (the foam is glued to the cover). For the bottom: Take out all the mounting bolts so the risers will come off the seat itself. If it is power remove the fron switch plate and unplug it from the motor. Make sure all bolts on the bottom are removed and remove all the hog rings (On one of my buckets they used zip ties so someone took it apart before, but this is a good way to secure your cover when putting it back on if you don't have a hog ring pliers.) Once the cover is off (again the foam is glued to the cover) remove the bracket on the front if you are making it a manual or if you are swapping seat frames. If you are putting in a power seat mechanism then screw the bracket on or make a bracket if you need to. Replace any springs and put it back together. The frames can also been swapped left to right if you want to go through that much pain. Now to put an older power seat where a manual seat is I have done this to. We swapped an 88 Lesabre power seat into a 79 Chevy Blazer which my Dad is a bigger guy and likes the room. Because we swapped the risers and all and they bolted in perfect. It was an original bucket seat blazer. For the power source (not sure on newer seats) I just ran the power wire to an accessory terminal on the fuse block and the ground to one of the seat bolts on the floor for the riser. I have also seen where a buddy of mine in a 69 Dodge pickup used the original bench seat riser and drilled holes in it to mount two buckets and a center console.

Last edited: