4.3L to ?? swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Is that serious or sarcasm?

Serious.... it's just a simple piece of cork. They use to be cheap. I see the Felpro gaskets for my Buick are less than $10 from Rockauto, still. Even the molded rubber/silicone gaskets for my truck are a lot less than $31.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alot more work than you would imagine.. pull your valve cover and check the drain hole in the corner of the heads, they like to gunk up and the oil will pool faster than it can drain.,,. if it had good compression, I would find them miss and fix it.. likely ignition related..

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh really.

You must be registered for see images attach
Wild Guess with no evidence: You entered your vehicle into the Summit web site with the original V6. So Summit is telling you that V8 gaskets don't fit a V6 engine.

The Summit application notes obviously show that they fit the 5.7L V8, as I've already proven.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wild Guess with no evidence: You entered your vehicle into the Summit web site with the original V6. So Summit is telling you that V8 gaskets don't fit a V6 engine.

The Summit application notes obviously show that they fit the 5.7L V8, as I've already proven.

No something is goofy, I checked too. Summit says they don't fit. It wouldn't be the first time thier catalog was wrong. Years ago, I ordered Goodyear HighMiler radiator hoses for my Buick and I think what I got were Chevy parts because they weren't even close. Thankfully they returned them with no problems.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No something is goofy, I checked too. Summit says they don't fit. It wouldn't be the first time thier catalog was wrong. Years ago, I ordered Goodyear HighMiler radiator hoses for my Buick and I think what I got were Chevy parts because they weren't even close. Thankfully they returned them with no problems.

AH! So it's not just me.

alot more work than you would imagine.. pull your valve cover and check the drain hole in the corner of the heads, they like to gunk up and the oil will pool faster than it can drain.,,. if it had good compression, I would find them miss and fix it.. likely ignition related..

Huh?

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So about those valve cover gaskets. They actually look a bit small.

Uh huh. Top Quality Junk.

They did, however, seem to fit the top of the heads reasonably well.

So with that, I put the valve covers over top of the gaskets, smooshed them down and made the work. I guess we'll see how bad they leak.:banghead:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a cork gasket that DIDNT leak