4.3L to ?? swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What ELSE would they be?

Every "finned" set of valve covers I've ever seen is made exactly like that.

I guess I expected the "fins" to at least have a polished finish. For what I paid for those pieces of junk, they could have been better quality.

Oh, and the rubber valve cover gaskets that came with the engine gasket kit I bought from Rock Auto do NOT fit. They are 3/4" TOO SHORT! I tried stretching them out a bit but nope. So in the garbage those gaskets went and I ordered a set of Mr. Gasket cork valve cover gaskets.

So explain this: The valve cover gaskets are part number MRG-168. Rock Auto says they fit, as does Advance Auto, Auto Zone, and E-bay. Summit Racing, however, says MRG-168 does NOT fit a 5.7L SBC.

Strange.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So explain this: The valve cover gaskets are part number MRG-168. Rock Auto says they fit, as does Advance Auto, Auto Zone, and E-bay. Summit Racing, however, says MRG-168 does NOT fit a 5.7L SBC.
www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-168/applications/make/chevrolet/engine-size/5-7l-350

You're not real detail-oriented.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:)

Click on the link. It's Summit's application page for MRG-168 gaskets, showing a heap of applications for 5.7L Chevy engines from '86 onward to 2002, but that's just factory-installed engines, the over-the-counter crate engines with centerbolt valve covers still being sold would also be included in that fitment.

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who makes the valve covers? They should have supplied a recommended gasket number.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who makes the valve covers? They should have supplied a recommended gasket number.

HAHAHAHA :death::death:

I'm sorry but that's funny. What I got was two stamped aluminum pieces of junk. There were actually cracks in the bottom, they are slightly warped, and there are little baffles I had to attach myself.

Who makes them? I don't know, but the sellers username on Ebay is cncracingdepotusa. Do with that what you will. I sent them a nasty gram, just because I'm in a mood lol.