1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She’s sitting pretty. You gotta back into those spots to let people know what’s up.
People haul @ss like the cops are after them in the parking lot here. There's so many lifted trucks an giant suvs that if you don't back in you can't see if someone is barreling down the isle before you back out. I started doing it when I had a lease car an then the charger an it's just stuck. Plus it's easier to back this unit in when I can pick a spot that vacant on at least 1 side than trying to back out when people crowd the line.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Daily driving it this weekend, brakes still doing good, ride doesn't seem to have changed with the helpers, seats are awesome, ac is working in typical gmt400 fashion of keep it on max all the time lol.

You must be registered for see images attach
My 98 was that way too...had to have the AC on max, and then you might stay cool. LOL

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My 98 was that way too...had to have the AC on max, and then you might stay cool. LOL
Rawhide will eventually get cooled down inside with the AC on Max, but God help you if you're in the back seat and someone has a drink cup in the cupholder (in front of the only duct that points to the back!). They should've had the top of the rear door ducts like the Burbs have, on the CC's....

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:oops: My ac gets uncomfortably cold. Rarely stays on max and I’m in Texas!:shrug:

That’s on low fan. It’s really humid, I’ve been outside all morning. I had to turn it down after I took the picture.

Note: it was almost this good before I pulled the dash and redid the hvac box.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

That’s on low fan. It’s really humid, I’ve been outside all morning. I had to turn it down after I took the picture.

Note: it was almost this good before I pulled the dash and redid the hvac box.
Granted this is back in the day, with R12, but our square body pickups used to have great AC even in the summer. Of course on a single cab there's not very much space to cool.
The crew cab has factory deep tinted glass on the back doors and rear window, and that's probably the only reason it cools down at all. If you're riding shotgun you'll get frosty knees pretty quickly on Max, but it gets warmer by the time the cold air gets to the rest of the cab. I still say GM should've put extra vents in the rear part of the cabin. Probably not enough of total CC production was top line trims to be concerned about it.....

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
People haul @ss like the cops are after them in the parking lot here. There's so many lifted trucks an giant suvs that if you don't back in you can't see if someone is barreling down the isle before you back out. I started doing it when I had a lease car an then the charger an it's just stuck. Plus it's easier to back this unit in when I can pick a spot that vacant on at least 1 side than trying to back out when people crowd the line.
I always back my dually in for the exact same reasons! Much easier getting into a spot when backing in and easier to exit the spot when you can just pull out.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a few issues with the front seats an those floor vents. I had to remove both vent "covers" at the ends and on the pass side I had to cut a significant portion of it out. I had planned on removing it anyway so no big deal.

Whoever put the buckets in this truck did a number on the floor. I had to retap the inside rear hole out to 7/16-14 because they messed up the threads during their "install". So to remove the seats you now need a 1/2" to take the seats off the brackets. 15mm for the outside bracket, a 5/8 an 9/16 for the inner bracket :doh2: I'm going to get some 3/8 bolts for the outer brackets next time I pull them out. Gm was weird here that you need a 15mm socket but the threads are 3/8-16. Your seat belt bolts are M12x1.75 though....

Been working on the rear seats this week an they don't fit so great. He's making a new video this week he says an will let me know if he has the same issues with this style seat on a crew cab.

First it was offset to the Dr side by about 5/8". I got that worked out though an now it's an 1" low on the outside edges an the front outside hole lands pretty much in the opening for the cab mount. They are functional if I need them for the moment but I'll have to fix it because you can tell they are not level an it will drive me crazy.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Always something ain't it? Is that a rear seat out of a double cab? Wonder if it's any different than a crew seat.