1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Got the front wheels painted finally, did the used car lot special wheel well blackout an the most important thing, SPIKES! :evillol:

You must be registered for see images attach

The wheels look almost the same color as they were, just some metallic in them now instead of flat gray. I thought the color was a bit darker but oh well.

Not a fan of spikes, but I love the painted steel wheels. I think nicely painted stock dually rims look great.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been slacking on this thing (trying to get the steppy back in driving condition) but splurged on a few dress up items this week.

99-06 tailgate cap.

Not sure how I feel about the tailgate cap. I don't hate it, but I don't know if I like it....definitely something I haven't seen before.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the tailgate cap. I don't hate it, but I don't know if I like it....definitely something I haven't seen before.
I saw it on reg 1500s an liked it. It definitely going to take some getting used to. Once I get it lowered I think it'll fit the look better But I drilled the holes so I guess it's staying...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of spikes, but I love the painted steel wheels. I think nicely painted stock dually rims look great.
I cant help it, they make me giggle like a little kid. They are epoxied to the black covers so they are staying too lol. Probably something else that will flow better when it's dropped.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant help it, they make me giggle like a little kid. They are epoxied to the black covers so they are staying too lol. Probably something else that will flow better when it's dropped.
Everything needs spikes!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured out why my turn/reverse light fuse was blowing finally....

Got that replaced but can't plug it in because the rest of it is still in the switch I guess. It's ready for replacement trans at least. It's so far up in there an hard to see I'm not going to bother fighting what's left of it.

Then put in a new 7/4 way plug with the uscar connection. Got to get some larger connectors then tidy it all up. It used to have an issue when pulling a trailer an the brakes staying slightly on. I had thought it was a bad 7 way plug because of the turn signal issues an that or just a bad brake controller. Found a worn place in the brake controller wire at the back so cut that out an fixed it up too along with shortening them all up so they tuck nicely.

Once I get my new (to me) brake controller installed she'll be ready for trailer duty again!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh, went to drive it today to get some parts for the boys stepper. Pulled out of the neighborhood, went to shift to third an something popped, my hand bounced off the dash (while still holding the shifter) an that was all she wrote. NV4500s have long throws already but now this one is super long now. :doh2:

Was able to get it back into second an get it home. Seems I can get fourth too but nothing for first, third or fifth.

Guess the replacement install just got accelerated up the to do list.....

Last edited: