1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Btw the reason your grill looks odd to you is GM used a darker metallic grey shell, and the recesses iirc were not black but charcoal grey.

but as a custom piece I dig the vibe

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Btw the reason your grill looks odd to you is GM used a darker metallic grey shell, and the recesses iirc were not black but charcoal grey.

but as a custom piece I dig the vibe
Same thing with the 94-up Silverado grille. The recessed bars/crate are painted a dark gray. I've seen some trucks where they are painted black and it looks good! Makes those bars really disappear, so it enhances the "floating bar" look, which is what I like about this style grille. Very clean looking like the rest of the truck!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well went to swap the radiator today, found the lower hose had a big gash in it an the upper had a date of Nov 98 on it. So she's down till Wednesday when new hoses get here. It was 1/3 the price of local an though I'd rather have it back up an running its not a necessity.

Got the leaking oil cooler lines deleted an a oil change done too.
You must be registered for see images attach

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While waiting on parts decided to install my precut tint kit. Got the back side windows done, went to pass front an ran out of install fluid and messed up that piece. :doh2: So back to waiting. At least the back ones look decent....

They match the factory rear glass pretty decent so idk if I'll layer the rear or not.
Where does one find pre cut tint?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ready for the CB now.

Man here I was thinking I was dead set on another fender mount whip for my K3500. Now I'm thinking dual whips and a headache rack would look pretty sweet too.
How well does that tool box fit down in between the bed braces for the Backrack? And how far up do those braces sit?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man here I was thinking I was dead set on another fender mount whip for my K3500. Now I'm thinking dual whips and a headache rack would look pretty sweet too.
How well does that tool box fit down in between the bed braces for the Backrack? And how far up do those braces sit?
The back rack mounts through the stake pocket. The arms you see are the optional mounts for a cross bed tool box. I don't really care for that but that's what it cane with an it gave me a place to mount the antennas an some d-rings (which I need to put back still)

The tool box itself fits well an isn't in the way of anything. I have the antennas mounts toward the inside of the bed to help hide the cable. You have to watch where they are because if they are to close to the rack the lid will hit them. I like these boxes because they don't block visibility but on a shortbed they eat up some floor space. On this one it isn't to bad. I still basically have a 6' bed even with it.