1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The back rack mounts through the stake pocket. The arms you see are the optional mounts for a cross bed tool box. I don't really care for that but that's what it cane with an it gave me a place to mount the antennas an some d-rings (which I need to put back still)

The tool box itself fits well an isn't in the way of anything. I have the antennas mounts toward the inside of the bed to help hide the cable. You have to watch where they are because if they are to close to the rack the lid will hit them. I like these boxes because they don't block visibility but on a shortbed they eat up some floor space. On this one it isn't to bad. I still basically have a 6' bed even with it.
I've been debating getting just a large chest tool box for the K3500, since the K2500 has the crossover in it I'd probably just swap boxes anytime I have the topper on. I just wish I could find a fair condition UWS chest for some reasonable price.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't done much with this lately just been driving it some. Still debating the trans issue, I honestly am considering a 4l80 or possibly a 6l80/90 since the controllers are out for them now. The 6L swap would run about 4k probably depending on the trans cost. The 4L I could do for roughly the same as rebuilding the NV it looks like. I'm mainly worried the NV is really trashed inside so the rebuild is going to be pretty extensive and costly. Plus the 10 mpg is an issue either way, I want to regear it which is what puts the 6L swap on the table. I could do that and possibly not regear, but it wouldn't save any money. The shops I've spoken with also highly recommend replacing the clutch and all at the same time as it could be contributing to the issues and that will possibly put that over the 3k mark if the trans is real bad. I briefly considered and LT swap with an 8 spd but man that is pricy lol. Decisions, decisions.....

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Considering the year of the truck I'm surprised that a 4L80 isn't already in the truck. What does it currently have?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering the year of the truck I'm surprised that a 4L80 isn't already in the truck. What does it currently have?
If it was an auto factory it would have been a 4l80. I will probably tear into the manual soon to fix it an probably just regear it. There are times though where I'd rather just not do the shifting in it. Guess I'm getting old lol.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
If it was an auto factory it would have been a 4l80. I will probably tear into the manual soon to fix it an probably just regear it. There are times though where I'd rather just not do the shifting in it. Guess I'm getting old lol.
Let me know if you decide to sell the manual stuff, ie. trans, clutch pedal assembly, etc lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I snagged this last night off FB marketplace. Hopefully it's as described, guess we will see in a few weeks when I can make time for it hopefully.

Attachments

• 20230525_093330.jpg
    20230525_093330.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 14

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been slacking on this thing (trying to get the steppy back in driving condition) but splurged on a few dress up items this week.

99-06 tailgate cap.
You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the front wheels painted finally, did the used car lot special wheel well blackout an the most important thing, SPIKES! :evillol:

The wheels look almost the same color as they were, just some metallic in them now instead of flat gray. I thought the color was a bit darker but oh well.