1991 Cheyenne restomod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the truck's been on jacks for a while now after the motor went in.
Decided to go with the AN fitting route instead of new oem fuellines. About $100 cheaper but some more work....but it looks cool . Got those mounted and routed.
On the other side I got the positive wires routed from the battery under the bed. 2 gauge for the starter and 4gauge for the main feed to the firewall. Grounded with a 2 gauge in the frame just behind the battery and a 2 gauge from frame to motor
You must be registered for see images attach

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With all the things under the truck more or less done the truck's off the jacks and moveble in the garage again. Time to figure out my pulley set-up. Want a minimalistic look so I will run a short universal flat ribbed belt.
So looking at the front of the engine. The ps pump will only be monted with the front brackets, no brackets on the back of ps pump . Alt bracket will be shorten so it lines up with the furthest bolt hole on the head and the tensioner will probably fit on the same bolt as the bracket, lower wp bolt. Finally a idler will be taped in just to the left of the wp pulley * fingers crossed*

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Nice work!

I'm a bit concerned your alternator won't be held steadily enough. It doesn't look like there's much to keep it held securely. The lower mount is a ball joint so the upper mount will be the only thing keeping it from trying to rotate around the axis made between the two mounting points. I'd also want it higher up on the engine, but that's just my personal preference.

Also, why put the ground cable on the intake manifold? Normally they go to the block. I would assume that's so the starter motor has the best ground.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for input!
Well the ground cabel was located there on my v6 so I just did the same. Don't know where on the block it supposed to be?

Don't know how else to solve the alternator. The bracket will be shorten so it lines up with the bolthole on the head that you see in the pic. That through through hole on the alt , is as you know a long one so it will bring alot o rigidety to it, and the lower mount is my only tensioner for the belt.
I think all this belt related stuff will make me miss my "first start-up" deadline before newyear. Have to find, and order a custom lenght ribbed belt. Tap the wp for the idler wheel and make a spacer för that.....and those loooong 3/8 allen bolts are impossible to find without buyin in bulk

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holidays,christmas, newyear,skiing,sleddin and lets finish off with a little corona quarantine. Feels like I'm been at this wireingharness forever.
Had several days this weekend finishing this and no fire,no smoke :dancingpoop:

Last edited: