1991 Cheyenne restomod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your slosh tubs look really nice. I like the strut rods on the hood. Do you have a part number or do you know the length of the strut rods. I want to use your idea. Nice job on the build. Keep it up. Good job on the fabrication. Its got to be tuff and expensive getting parts from the United States. There probably isn’t a lot of gmt400 part available in Sweden
Thanks. Would'n compare my tubs to sloshtubs but I hear ya' [emoji16]

Yeah,I'll try to fab as much possible but some things you just have to get from the states. I know that a new cab carpet and dakota digital dash gonna be order from US. You have to understand that some basic things are ridicolous expensive for us cars/trucks here.

Struts are universal trunk struts 400mm long and 200 N,but I recomend going for at least 220 N. Think mine 200 N will struggle to hold the hood a windy day

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4 hours to mount one(!) sensor. No wonder this build takes time [emoji28]
Donno if I'm not intelgent enough [emoji51] but I struggle to get the sensor just right. There's so little room to mount it and I have a little more than 4" of travel. In front of the control arms the swaybar will hit the sensor. Accuair says "up to" 4" travel and I have like 4 1/4",maybe thats the problem [emoji848] Set up is spot on when air out but at 150psi the sensor arm travel to far. There's no motor and no interior so it will probably be fine but if I accidently hit a bump and the front max out there's risk of sensor brebreaks

Also got a new used ECM (1227747) that fits the V8. Offcourse the one from the V6 couldn't be converted for the 305. Also find out that I can use injectors from the V6 on the 305 [emoji383][emoji383]
You must be registered for see images attach

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do it...twice....and do it right [emoji849]
Hade to pull spindeles and relocate airline from bag. Didn't get the sensors right and when I cycled the suspension the airline was hitting uca [emoji2957]

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got all tools required to assembly this boatanchor [emoji28]
My first ever enginerebuild(at least 4stroke), first ever V8 ... ohh and I hate enginebuilding [emoji2957] To much that can go wrong

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My first ever enginerebuild(at least 4stroke), first ever V8 ... ohh and I hate enginebuilding [emoji2957] To much that can go wrong

Take your time, and you will be fine....;)

Doug in P.R.:cool:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Take your time, and you will be fine....;)

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Good news is that you picked an engine that has tons of rebuild info and how-to guides.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last couple of weeks I been doing some custom mods, witch is soo fun, really gets youre motivation up.
I think I have to keep the coalcanister for inspection so to keep enginebay clean I relocated it under the bed just in front of the gasfiller. Donno if it's gonna work that far away from the intake but I refuse to have that ugly bit under the hood

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned up front harness and some new tubing/sleves. Hid the harness in the fender.
Have order a new engine harness, 21 year old one felt brittle [emoji28]

Bought two cheap nissan s13 curved coolant tanks. One (wiper wash) is going to sit on the left fender and will hide the harness coming out.
The other tank will be my overflow and sit at same place on right fender

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also finalized my cc motor relocation. Now sits in the gutter under the cowl. Will get some black allen bolts.