The Un-mighty Duck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaremStorm

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a 25m Michigan boy that came to ND for oil and dreams come true money. Only found one of those but also found my happy in this 'ol bucket k1500. I was (am) a born and bred ford guy but this old duck is slowly changing my mind.
Duckie is a 1991 k1500 Cheyanne with the getrag mg5 and the 4.3l v6. started life with the Montana forestry commission, then to a horse ranch and one car flipper then finally to me. the odo lies and i suspect between 200-300k miles based on the fact that two months and 3k miles after i bought it, she severely skipped time and consequently spent a year getting slapped back together. planned a 5.7 swap. Bought the whole cow for a parts truck and it turned out to be a bad motor for a plug and play but rebuildable.

1 year and every sensor and gasket save for heads later its back on the road and pounding pavement. First pic is right before it jumped and second is in repair third is maiden run afterward. that's the story so far. Any Feedback or tips for this first time gmt400 owner is appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
Glad you found your way over to the "other side".
That's awesome that another old one Is being saved and kept on the road.
Enjoy your "new" ride. Lots of good people here too help along your journey.