1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the C8 is squared away. I need to finish breaking in the rotors, but you can't really do it on the street. I think I'm in with the novice group so I probably won't even be able to sniff a fast lap until happy hour.

Anyways, I started on the pedal swap today. This is definitely not going to be a weekend job. Took me 3 hours just to remove the original pedals ... cantankerous old parts. I think I'm going to end up pulling the whole dash to facilitate fabrication. I think I can get away with a trim of the support bracket, but it's going to be hard with everything in the cab.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 1 screw left holding the dash in. I can't get anything in there at the proper angle to get it out. I'm letting it soak with penetrating oil for a while to see if that helps. I have a new gasket for the windshield so I can remove the windshield if I need to. I just don't want to have it out for multiple weeks and since I am going to be at the track next weekend, it would be bad timing to do it now.

Anyways, I'm thinking about what to do with the big ol' holes in the firewall. Kinda thinking I'm going to get a plate and just bolt in as it's going to be a PITA to fully weld, but I could maybe cut some pieces to fit the big holes and weld those in.

I can't seem to upload pics anymore so you have to use your imagination.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found some mirrors for Dodgey. Stupid money though.

I actually scored a set of mirrors from a "Custom Sport Special" truck for $70. They're on my list of things to install soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually scored a set of mirrors from a "Custom Sport Special" truck for $70. They're on my list of things to install soon.

I like those better for your truck actually. Here’s another set, someone was looking for some recently. Reasonably priced too:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got the dash out. I had to cut part of the windshield gasket out of the way to get the last screw that was holding it in. I don't want to remove the windshield just yet since it looks like rain off and on for the foreseeable future. I'm about 75% sure I'm not putting the dash back in.

So, I started hacking away at the column support to make room for the pedal assembly. My cheap plasma cutter worked great for this. It soon became obvious that from inside the cab there's just no way to precisely measure and drill holes and from the engine side it felt like I could never be sure my template was in the right place. I decided that I should just quick and dirty make it fit where I want it from inside the cab and then on the engine side, I will make it pretty with a plate with all the holes in place as precise as I can get them.

Anyways, I think it's going to work great once I get the plate made and everything fastened and braced. I should actually be able to heel-toe with this setup.

I still can't upload pics, so you just have to imagine it. :(

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally figured out how to get pics again, you have to crop them.

Just about done getting the pedal assembly in, then comes the fun part of making all the brake lines again.

Wilwood wants over $200 for the firewall mounting plate which is just a piece of aluminum with holes drilled in it. I should have bought it, LOL. Would have saved me a bunch of time, but I came up with this masterpiece. I need to add some more to the top and bottom because I need to cut back some more firewall to make the pedals sit flush with the plate. It looks like I will barely have room to get the nuts on even with it sitting flush.