1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mocking up a new wheel and column. I'm not 100% set on it yet. It makes getting in and out of the truck so much easier and the wheel isn't touching my lap anymore. I could now work the brake and clutch without my legs hitting the wheel.

Losing a ton of leverage, but I have a power rack so it wouldn't take much to add power steering if I'm too much of a wuss.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ain't saying these are perfect or anything close, but I'm a lot better when I can see what I'm doing and get in a good position.

So this "stringer" isn't mean to be structural, though it probably does add a little stiffness, it's meant to make the steering column stronger after I had to nibble away some metal to fit the brake pedals. If I put the dash back on it will be hidden, but I'm kinda thinking it would be handy for phone mounts, gauges, cup holders, etc. Also makes a decent "oh ****" handle for the passenger, LOL. I'll pad it, just in case.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
l modified my previous modification to the steering column bracket. I'm going to box it in next and weld in the "column" (aka 1.25" tube).

I'm not sure if I like this kit. It's awfully lightweight, the shaft is hollow, the bushings are plastic, etc. I could see it being fine for drag racing, but I dunno about holding up to real life left/right stuff for years. I'm just going to push ahead I guess. The first auto-x event is in February, so I need to get hustling. After the steering I can finish the brake lines, and then I am going to rewire it like a racecar, but street legal.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have brakes now. Clutch is kinda iffy, and I also noticed fluid inside the cab which makes me think my brand new master is bad. SOB.

After the clutch, I need to rewire it and I should have back on the road.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have brakes now. Clutch is kinda iffy, and I also noticed fluid inside the cab which makes me think my brand new master is bad. SOB.

After the clutch, I need to rewire it and I should have back on the road.
You're absolutely positively sure that master cylinder is not a Phord part? Seems to be behaving like one....

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely positively sure that master cylinder is not a Phord part? Seems to be behaving like one....

It's definitely a Wilwood. These masters are a PITA anyway, you can barely get a wrench get on the back to tighten it down. If I was doing it again, I would have got remote reservoirs to make it easier to mount the masters to the firewall.