1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally figured out how to get pics again, you have to crop them.

Just about done getting the pedal assembly in, then comes the fun part of making all the brake lines again.

Wilwood wants over $200 for the firewall mounting plate which is just a piece of aluminum with holes drilled in it. I should have bought it, LOL. Would have saved me a bunch of time, but I came up with this masterpiece. I need to add some more to the top and bottom because I need to cut back some more firewall to make the pedals sit flush with the plate. It looks like I will barely have room to get the nuts on even with it sitting flush.

You must be registered for see images attach

That’s what I have to do for new iPhone 15. I guess this phone was an improvement… :nono:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That’s what I have to do for new iPhone 15. I guess this phone was an improvement… :nono:
Might possibly be a setting in your camera app to reduce the picture quality? I don't know why we need gajillion-pixel pics from our phones, other than it being a marketing gimmick. File sizes on those pics are through the roof.

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilwood wants over $200 for the firewall mounting plate which is just a piece of aluminum with holes drilled in it. I should have bought it, LOL. Would have saved me a bunch of time, but I came up with this masterpiece. I need to add some more to the top and bottom because I need to cut back some more firewall to make the pedals sit flush with the plate. It looks like I will barely have room to get the nuts on even with it sitting flush.
I suggest a brace between that plate and maybe the shock mount or fender. Years ago we were racing at Eagle's Canyon, and Escape Velocity Racing was across from us with their Dodge Dart. They started losing braking power, so they pulled it in. They'd cracked their firewall and with each step on the brake pedal the master cylinder was flexing away from the driver. They had to pull the master cylinder to fix it and lost a few hours of track time, but got it welded back up - with a new brace - and back on track.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest a brace between that plate and maybe the shock mount or fender. Years ago we were racing at Eagle's Canyon, and Escape Velocity Racing was across from us with their Dodge Dart. They started losing braking power, so they pulled it in. They'd cracked their firewall and with each step on the brake pedal the master cylinder was flexing away from the driver. They had to pull the master cylinder to fix it and lost a few hours of track time, but got it welded back up - with a new brace - and back on track.

The bracket has 4 holes on top, I plan to make something that ties into those holes and the steering column brace. I'm also thinking of putting a stringer bar from one side of the cab to the other where the dash used to be.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost looks factory. (NOT, LOL.) I got tired of tried to make it look pretty, it's going to be mostly hidden behind 3 master cylinders anyway. I can't weld at an upward angle to save my life (which isn't surprising since I can barely weld in a perfect position) so the bottom looks like boogers.

I sat in the seat and put both feet into it and the welds didn't break though. It's welded from the back side too. The whole firewall moved a little, which is ok because once I get the bracket tied it in there really shouldn't be much force on it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Masters hide a lot of ugly. These suckers are a pain in the rear to install. Top nut is almost impossible to get on and I lost one.

Where my support bracket is going to go.

I can heel-toe now.