1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen these before, they're cool! I wonder how they hold up in a damp environment (AKA the rust belt)? Are they water proof when you screw them together?
It says they are and they were developed for motorcycles. You could/should add dielectric grease to connection as well. I bought a bunch of different sizes.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used butt connectors since dirt was young, and have never had a failure.
Neither have I but, these T-type ones are junk! We had a 16' goose neck flat bed trailer with beaver tails (20' overall) that had these. The damned trailer looked like a Christmas tree on its side with flashing lights going down the road!

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Neither have I but, these T-type ones are junk! We had a 16' goose neck flat bed trailer with beaver tails (20' overall) that had these. The damned trailer looked like a Christmas tree on its side with flashing lights going down the road!

Yeah, those absolutely suck! I was wiring a radio a few months ago and discovered that...and I had bought a large pack of them. I think I threw them away...Waste of $8 or whatever.

I reverted to the basic butt connectors. I like to use those dedicated crimping pliers. They have good leverage to crimp very well. I used to use the multi-purpose stripper/crimper, and had issues having the connectors slide off sometimes.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I like about the Posi-Taps is that you can tap into an existing wire without cutting or stripping any wire and T off of it. Then it can also be removed without damaging existing wires other than an almost self sealing puncture hole in wire casing, although I’d probably give it a quick wrap for piece of mind. :shocked:

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I do bring some of those things with me on the road - for emergency fixes, but they come off asap.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, aft mounted photon emitters are emitting photons. I ran a new ground to the bed and filed/sanded away a bunch of rust in the housings. I have brake and parking lights.

I had emergency flashers at one point, but I don't now. No turn signals either. Since I don't have to pass inspection as an antique I don't absolutely need those. I suspect another grounding issue. Sitting under a tree for 26 years seems to be bad for grounds.

My short term goal is to drive it to the local car meet and greet next weekend. I think I might be able to do it. I'm sure I'll have the sketchiest ride there.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Welp, aft mounted photon emitters are emitting photons. I ran a new ground to the bed and filed/sanded away a bunch of rust in the housings. I have brake and parking lights.

I had emergency flashers at one point, but I don't now. No turn signals either. Since I don't have to pass inspection as an antique I don't absolutely need those. I suspect another grounding issue. Sitting under a tree for 26 years seems to be bad for grounds.

My short term goal is to drive it to the local car meet and greet next weekend. I think I might be able to do it. I'm sure I'll have the sketchiest ride there.
As long as it gets you there and back..

..and not leave you walking home to get the wrecker, like this mess did 1 too many times

Richard