1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Neither have I but, these T-type ones are junk! We had a 16' goose neck flat bed trailer with beaver tails (20' overall) that had these. The damned trailer looked like a Christmas tree on its side with flashing lights going down the road!

You must be registered for see images attach
Ah the bane of mechanic existence.
Use those for recall work ugh the frustration of trying to get a good connection

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove it about 2 miles today. Front left brake drum is dragging and got hot and stinky. I was hoping I could avoid messing with the front brakes because I have all new disc brakes going on when I do the IFS conversion and it's just wasted work to me.

I got 6 days to make them work.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I drove it about 2 miles today. Front left brake drum is dragging and got hot and stinky. I was hoping I could avoid messing with the front brakes because I have all new disc brakes going on when I do the IFS conversion and it's just wasted work to me.

I got 6 days to make them work.

I'm no expert on drums, but they're nicer to work on after being pressure washed.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to inspecting the free 4.8. I got the heads off and found dished pistons.

Every 5.3 I've had dished pistons with a + on the top. This one has dished pistons but no +. I thought the 4.8 always got flat tops.

I think I really have a 5.3. Bonus.

Bores look great. Still has all the crosshatch showing. I'm guessing not much more than 100k.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to inspecting the free 4.8. I got the heads off and found dished pistons.

Every 5.3 I've had dished pistons with a + on the top. This one has dished pistons but no +. I thought the 4.8 always got flat tops.

I think I really have a 5.3. Bonus.

Bores look great. Still has all the crosshatch showing. I'm guessing not much more than 100k.
Measure the stroke. 4.8 is 83mm (3.268˝) 5.3 is 92mm (3.622˝)