1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude was just trying to get rid of stuff from his storage unit and needed stuff gone ASAP. Looking back on it, I probably should have thrown him some cash.

My question now is assuming the bottom end looks as good as the top end, do I open it up to put ring gap in it? I'm leaning against it. It's more for show than for go, and opening it up has its own risks. I will give the rods the wiggle test and check crank end play before making a decision.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you think you will throw a blower on it at some point down the road? How do the cylinder bores look?

I'd say just pull a few rod caps for a quick visual, then go from there?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think you will throw a blower on it at some point down the road? How do the cylinder bores look?

I'd say just pull a few rod caps for a quick visual, then go from there?

No blower, but I do have a cheapie eBay turbo I plan to put on.

I've had 3-4 junkyard LS motors and these bores look the best of all the ones I've had, which I would assume means the ring gaps are going to be on the tight side.

The problem with pulling rod caps is that they don't go back on the exact same dimension, and I think technically you shouldn't re-use the rod bolts.