10bolt to 14 bolt swap help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a exact parts kit with everything I will need? this will be done in a shop ( due to shoulder surgery) so a kit with all the parts needed would be great. Do you guys know of any?

1) If you want to use 4wd then yes, your gear ratios should match
2) You will need u-bolt plates from a 14 bolt because the axle tube is bigger, also you can swap yokes from your 10 bolt or use a conversion u-joint. Steel driveshaft needs a precision 447, aluminum one-piece driveshaft uses precision 448.
3) 14 bolt sf axle out of a 4wd OBS truck, u-bolt plates or u-bolt flip kit, conversion u-joint (if you choose to go this route)

p.s. Welcome to GMT400!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
No, nobody sells a kit specifically made for it. Also you need to keep in mind that the 14bsf is longer from axle centerline to yoke, so your driveshaft is effectively longer. make sure the slip yoke has room, and if its rusted, get it polished so it doesn't chew up your output seal.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Nope, thats a lot of stuff you don't need, and not everything you do.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, nobody sells a kit specifically made for it. Also you need to keep in mind that the 14bsf is longer from axle centerline to yoke, so your driveshaft is effectively longer. make sure the slip yoke has room, and if its rusted, get it polished so it doesn't chew up your output seal.

This is incorrect. I did this very swap, and all I needed to do was change the u-joint.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a exact parts kit with everything I will need? this will be done in a shop ( due to shoulder surgery) so a kit with all the parts needed would be great. Do you guys know of any?

Do a little more research man. This is not a hard swap espescially going from OBS to OBS. All you need is u-bolts, u-bolt plates, and conversion u-joint (preferable). The perch width is the same and the shock mounting location is the same.

You should be able to re-use your brake hardlines if you unbolt them from the backplates and transfer them over.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
This is incorrect. I did this very swap, and all I needed to do was change the u-joint.

As did I (in my blazer... K2500 came with it already). And my output seal immediately went to hell because it was torn up by the rust on my yoke, and that was even after installing a 2" lift block.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As did I (in my blazer... K2500 came with it already). And my output seal immediately went to hell because it was torn up by the rust on my yoke, and that was even after installing a 2" lift block.

??? Weird...

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
??? Weird...

Shorter driveshaft (shorter wheelbase) may have increased the impact, but regardless it IS something that should be thought about when doing the swap.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True. My situation was that I have a C1500 ECSB, and I measured the driveshaft on 6 lug C2500 ECSB. The driveshafts were identical.