What are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys I just bought this truck and I have one of these on each tail light. I have no idea what they are or why they are there.. The truck does have a trailer brake which is about the only thing I can even think might be the reason why but I still don't understand what they are for?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those are called blue dots when you step on the brake it will give a purpleish blue tint to the light,those have been around forever its an addon to taillights you drill the lense and install them

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never heard of them.. But then again I'm a young gun so that may be why lol. Are they still available? Ill have to do a google search. I don't know if mine even work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres a picture of them mr gasket makes them also all they do is the light shows thru them they are made of glass well atleast the old school ones were

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
That's what alot of old school street rodders used. Pretty neat.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those are called 'Blue Dots'. An old hot-rod item going back to the late '40's - '50's. What they do is give your lights a purple look at night, especially when you hit the brakes. Look at the chopped & lowered early '50's Mercury's. More than likely they have blue dots. Harley guys use them, too. Basically a dress-up item, but are illegal in many places, including here. Although many of the younger cops don't have a clue to what they are, either! They are still made today in two styles. Glass or plastic.
They work best when they are positioned right over top of the bulb.
One of my El Caminos had two on each side. Once got pulled over, & the old fart cop says, "...and you have blue dots, TOO!!! Those are illegal!"
(Me) "Aww c'mon, really? Every second Harley going by has them! You've got to be kidding!"
(cop) " I don't have them pulled over, I've got you, though!"
(me) 'That's bullsh*t! & you know it!"
(cop) "No...it's the law! And just 'cause of your attitude, & because you've got 4, that's a ticket for each!"
Holy Crap! $135.00 X 4! Took it to court 'cause I thought that that was excessive. I was willing to pay one ticket for $135.00. But the cop never showed! I didn't have to pay any of it!
I never took the dots out. I was never hassled about them again in the 3 more years that I had the truck.
Some cops, are just on a power trip. Go get some real criminals!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
This reminds me................I used to have a set of those floating around my toolbox.................wonder if I can find them.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I've never seen those before. Very cool. Does anyone have some pictures of them lit up?