What spindles are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I throw the stock spindles away after lowering a truck. You'll just have to not believe me. Your welcome to Google pics yourself.
Tell me why I keep stock stuff sitting around :( I've got the 3500 spindles and springs sitting on my work table right now, in my way. And all the stuff removed from the rear leaf packs.. WHY

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me why I keep stock stuff sitting around :( I've got the 3500 spindles and springs sitting on my work table right now, in my way. And all the stuff removed from the rear leaf packs.. WHY

Richard
I haven't done it so much with the obs stuff, but I have stuff I removed from the C10 over 10 yrs ago. Idk why I keep it either. I have the pieces of the frame I cut out when I shortened it. Like I'm going to put them back an make it a longbed again :crazy:

I bagged it an put it on trailing arms in 2017. The stock leaves an hangers are in the corner of the garage, an I've moved twice since then....

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The more I look at them, they remind me of McGaughy's but possibly a knockoff of them. McGaughy's usually have their name cast into the lower arm going to the tie rod, but I'm not sure if they were always that way. The design is very similar in lots of ways but then again there's only so many ways you can make a drop spindle. The features in the casting look very similar.

You must be registered for see images attach

Any chance you've found a part # yet?

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are probably maxtrac or something similar. There are only like 2 foundries that cast drop spindle blanks so they are pretty similar.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think they are probably maxtrac or something similar. There are only like 2 foundries that cast drop spindle blanks so they are pretty similar.

Yep, those do look extremely similar.

My past purchases with Belltech stuff for 1500's looked very different, more of a solid appearance than those relief areas in the casting, that's why I said they definitely weren't Belltech. Plus the 2400 or 2500 part # in the castings is usually pretty easy to find.

Blurry old pic but installing a set of 2500's on my old '94 Suburban.. OEM and Belltech
side by side. Back before I figured out you don't need a pickle fork to do this job, and it goes better when you don't. Just need the hammer. :)

Richard

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next time I have a reason to have my wheel off I will look closer.