eBay 2” drop spindles vs bell tech or djm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So after being told to shoot for the Spindle and drop arms to maintain and keep travel etc … I Had a tech call with Djm just told me they’ never have tested nor reccomend pairing their 2” drop spindles with 3” drop arms ?!? They don’t know what the geometry would be on that . They reccomend spindle & springs mostly
Nor would any other brand/company probably say to do so .
Has anyone even heard of this Naysay? Or any done that combo on a gmt400?

I gotta kinda like really know I’m in the midst of ordering things on a daily basis
That has to do with the scrub line.
The pockets of the LCA's are lower than the rim of a 15" wheel when combined with drop spindles.

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a reason for the last 30 some years that the majority of the drops on these trucks are spindles and coils, it just works. The control arms and springs work but are less common I think due to the higher cost.

As @sewlow mentioned, the scrub line, that's what hangs low and hits speed bumps etc, doing arms and spindles puts this only a few inches off the ground.

In hindsight I should have done arms and springs to save money as I ended up buying new upper and lower arms anyway in addition to the spindles. So if you wanna do bushings and ball joints and lack the tools and time to do it, just get the arms.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pockets of the LCA's are lower than the rim of a 15" wheel when combined with drop spindles.
So more less that combo Works but it’s asking for road scrub issues if using a 15” aggravations over bumps etc .. but it’s acceptable with 18-20-22” for example

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So more less that combo Works but it’s asking for road scrub issues if using a 15” aggravations over bumps etc .. but it’s acceptable with 18-20-22” for example
It's more to due with if you get a flat tire. A larger diameter wheel will not allow the spring pocket to hit as easily as a 15" wheel.
Hopefully that makes sense.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Beat me to it. I wouldn't run this setup at all, though I'm sure we'll get a few people coming in saying they did it and didn't have any issue blah blah.

Richard