What spindles are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A while back I had my rotors off and decided to take a pic of my spindles. These came with the truck. What kind/who makes them?
You must be registered for see images attach

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A while back I had my rotors off and decided to take a pic of my spindles. These came with the truck. What kind/who makes them?

Do you have some reason to believe they're aftermarket, e.g., lowered front?

It looks like the dust shield was removed at some point, judging by the condition of the bosses. (edit) Ah yes, I see the dust shield off to the side, in the pictures.

What are those marks on the spindle? They look like gouges of some sort... or maybe they're just "dirt tracks" from when you removed the rotor.

The upper ball joint appears to have been replaced. Ditto for the tie rod; the boot on the ball joint looks new.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what they are but I can say they're not Belltech. Look around on the back for a part # cast into it, some searching on that # should turn up who made them.

Richard

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look OEM to me. The giveaway is the OE mounts for the backing plate. If they were aftermarket lift or lowering units, the OE backing plate would be eliminated as it would not fit anymore. Then your ABS sensor would be loose and dangling

Seeing as your OE backing plate is still there with the ABS sensor attached, just off to the left almost out of view...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look OEM to me. The giveaway is the OE mounts for the backing plate. If they were aftermarket lift or lowering units, the OE backing plate would be eliminated as it would not fit anymore. Then your ABS sensor would be loose and dangling

Seeing as your OE backing plate is still there with the ABS sensor attached, just off to the left almost out of view...
They are standard drop spindles. They all come with dust shield mounting. The axle shaft is much higher on this spindle than an oe one.