Universal 3 link?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason I'm asking is a local guy has a 3 link off his Mazda for sale for a hell of a deal. Only thing I need to get are the axel tabs. So will this work on my obs? Here a pic of the 3 link. Ignore the other parts.
You must be registered for see images attach

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
judging from the pics and the fact its off a mazda, the link will be too short. you'll want your link as long as possible to keep the axle center through the suspension cycle

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
looks like you could fab it up to work.. but for the work you'd have to do on the truck side to make the links work... you're probably better off starting from scratch so that you haven't built limitations in for yourself.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What will be to short? Ive never done a rear setup and am lost. He said it will fit I just need the axle tabs. I'm getting this along with 2 bags, 2 3/8 valves, 2 modded lcas for 325$. Nothing in the pic is bolted up it just in a pile.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would pass, the main bar's and the the link look short to me, I am sure they worked fine on a mini, but not on a fullsize.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
What will be to short? Ive never done a rear setup and am lost. He said it will fit I just need the axle tabs. I'm getting this along with 2 bags, 2 3/8 valves, 2 modded lcas for 325$. Nothing in the pic is bolted up it just in a pile.

The links. Yes, you can make it work, but realistically you're going to have to redo it sooner rather than later, and it'll be just as much work and probably more money the 2nd time around. As draggin said, I'd pass.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score

the wishbone will be from the looks of plus its not very wide. the wishbone needs to go frome the to the gas tank cross member I believe. Then like Eric was saying you will want it as big as possibe that one looks real narrow. you want the ends to mount closer the outside of the axle to hold it in place and keep it from shifting. I dont know how cheap that is but Id say spend the extra $$$ get an nfamous setup. Im still learning too but Im pretty sure thats what they mean by it being to short

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
he could mount it as wide as he needed but i am talking too short front to back. the longer the link is, the less wheelbase change you'll have throughout the suspension arch.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He said I could make a new crossmember for the wish bone and just make the axle tabs a little longer

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Man I would just spend the money on the right parts you know will work. I saw this ad on LTS yesterday and Josh is shady as hell so I would take what he says with a grain of salt. I know I won't ever buy from him again. Make sure you test and inspect everything you get also, he likes to sell non working stuff and tell you it works.