4L60E rebuild 2-3 flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiem75

Reaction score
93 K1500 5.7-bone stock

Recently had a reputable builder put together a basic 4L60E. I'm a 20+ year tech and simply didnt have the time to do the research nor the time to learn by mistake. Well I probably should have just done this thing myself because it's been a complete cluster. I'm going to try to skip all the drama though and get to the point.

The second rebuild is flaring in the 2-3 shift under moderate load to wot roughly 200-500rpm. I've got a oversized 2-4 servo pin coming due to excessive play. I'm of course concerned it could be friction material clearance related but at this point I'm tired of dealing with this situation and this builder so hopefully with the forums help I can put this thing behind me. If it turns out the clutches are burnt I'll deal with the builder.

I've done a significant amount of searching online about the 2-3 flare. I'm hoping with the correct feed and release hole sizes I can correct this issue if the OS pin doesn't help.

The current sizes are below and the build specs. Any help would be much appreciated.

1-2 .062
2-3 .081
3-4 .096
BR .096
LR .096

Parts List:
TransTec Overhaul Kit – Rubber Seals, Metal Clad Seals, Sealing Rings, Paper Gaskets
Master Rebuild Kit with all clutches and steels, name brand clutches such as Borg Warner or Raybestos
Filtran Brand Transmission Filter
Borg Warner High Energy 2-4 Band
Late model 3/4 Clutch One Piece Apply Plate
Teflon Pump Bushing
Teflon Extension Housing Bushing
Bronze Front and Rear Stator Bushings
Bronze Case Bushing
Thrust Washers
Pump Vanes
Pump Guide
Hardened Pump Rings
Hardened Spline Sun Shell
New Solenoids
Aluminum 1-2 Accumulator Piston
Aluminum 3-4 Accumulator Piston
Bonded Pistons
Updated Sonnax TCC Regulator Valve
Updated Reverse Input Capsule
Updated TransGo Zinc Coated Separator Plate
Factory stall 1400-1600

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
93 K1500 5.7-bone stock

Recently had a reputable builder put together a basic 4L60E. I'm a 20+ year tech and simply didnt have the time to do the research nor the time to learn by mistake. Well I probably should have just done this thing myself because it's been a complete cluster. I'm going to try to skip all the drama though and get to the point.

The second rebuild is flaring in the 2-3 shift under moderate load to wot roughly 200-500rpm. I've got a oversized 2-4 servo pin coming due to excessive play. I'm of course concerned it could be friction material clearance related but at this point I'm tired of dealing with this situation and this builder so hopefully with the forums help I can put this thing behind me. If it turns out the clutches are burnt I'll deal with the builder.

I've done a significant amount of searching online about the 2-3 flare. I'm hoping with the correct feed and release hole sizes I can correct this issue if the OS pin doesn't help.

The current sizes are below and the build specs. Any help would be much appreciated.

1-2 .062
2-3 .081
3-4 .096
BR .096
LR .096

Parts List:
TransTec Overhaul Kit – Rubber Seals, Metal Clad Seals, Sealing Rings, Paper Gaskets
Master Rebuild Kit with all clutches and steels, name brand clutches such as Borg Warner or Raybestos
Filtran Brand Transmission Filter
Borg Warner High Energy 2-4 Band
Late model 3/4 Clutch One Piece Apply Plate
Teflon Pump Bushing
Teflon Extension Housing Bushing
Bronze Front and Rear Stator Bushings
Bronze Case Bushing
Thrust Washers
Pump Vanes
Pump Guide
Hardened Pump Rings
Hardened Spline Sun Shell
New Solenoids
Aluminum 1-2 Accumulator Piston
Aluminum 3-4 Accumulator Piston
Bonded Pistons
Updated Sonnax TCC Regulator Valve
Updated Reverse Input Capsule
Updated TransGo Zinc Coated Separator Plate
Factory stall 1400-1600
See my posts on Silveradosierra...let me know if you have any addl questions.