Under hood storage boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my setup inside the box. This box defiantly keeps the mud out, because the top of the box has mud all over it. excuse the wires half of them need to be hooked up yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Does look like a good area for wiring. Lol. All my wiring is done through the existing areas.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm. Ive never seen one at a wreck yard before, Now i want one. Place the HID and 4-Hi in there once i do it.

Not to creep on a friend, but ^^^^ bingo. That's my game plan.

Wish I would have know you wanted one a LONG time ago. Cause my buddy didn't like his and just wanted it gone (for no good reason) and we couldn't find sockets to take it off so I broke it apart with a hammer until just the plastic around the bolts was left. Sorry. :)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Top works great for holding screws/bolts when you are working under the hood. Perfect place to put your beverage of choice on it while you are working on something too.

^ this. I love it. Normally I use the fan shroud but when I was doing intake gaskets I had that removed, the storage box was my mini work bench.

I keep several spare relays, fuses, brake fluid, and a pair of pliers in there.
Twice I've had brake lines blow on me, once I was an hour from home the other time about 6 hours.
Crimp off the line with pliers, top off brake fluid, bleed if necessary, and get yer arse home.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Scored on today for $5 at the local yard! Funny thing was I checked this truck out 2 weeks ago for something else and never lifted the hood. Today the hood was open and there it was! Can't wait till later in the week to get it mounted.

Thanks to whom ever brought this thread up for turning me on to this.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want one of these boxes. Sucks I would need to swap the inner fender though. I have a collection of stuff building up under there that is just bungee corded to the rad support (oil, rags, screwdriver, etc)

norad848

Reaction score
I've got my compressor for my load bags in there. With holes drilled to allow some airflow.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want one of these boxes. Sucks I would need to swap the inner fender though. I have a collection of stuff building up under there that is just bungee corded to the rad support (oil, rags, screwdriver, etc)
you would not have to cange it at most you would just have to persuade it with a hammer

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
you would not have to cange it at most you would just have to persuade it with a hammer
You are 100% correct. I am doing it right now washer bottle and all. it fits you just need to bend it a little with a hammer. Not hard and you can't tell.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: