Under hood storage boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yah maybe the 2000's just didn't have um should be easy to find though i shoulda pulled the one outa my 98 before i sold it

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
image.php

Join Date Oct 2012 Location Northville,Mi. Age18 <<<<!!! That's your story & you're stickin' to it!!! Lol!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 98 or 99 Chevy don't have one, although an identical 98GMC to mine did have one. I think lots of the GMC had them but the chevy's didn't. Also I believe every 96 had one?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I need to start looking for one of these. I'm sure I can find a use for it.

I put one in mine. In order for it to fit properly you have to swap the entire inner fender with one from a 96+. The contours are enough different that when I tried with my original inner fender it didn't fit to my liking..

Well, seeing as I need new inner fender wells anyways, I guess I might as well go with a newer set. Thanks for the information

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was at the junkyard and found two chevy suburbans sitting next to each other each with a storage box. My buddy got one and I got the other. My other buddy has one in his 96 sierra w/ 305 so maybe it was an option I guess?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
You can get a 96+ battery tray to fit an 88-95 without swapping the inner fender. Get it "mocked" up in there as best you can, give the old fender a few whacks (it needs to be smashed towards the tire) where she needs some room, drill it, bolt it, when your done, hit the fender back the opposite way until your happy. Mine is solid, have not drove around with a battery in there yet. But I did accidently drop my spare battery onto it from like 6" above it, didn't phase it

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
My 96 had the box. I keep some mechanix gloves, zip ties, and some other small things in there. I keep my tool bag and socket set behind my seat.

And my jumper cables are 2 gauge and 35 feet long, so they sit behind the passenger seat. I have a hard wired plug in my grill for them.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2