Truck Aerodynamics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that was not an extra then that's awesome.
I don't know if it came standard with the Silverado trim package or not. I do know the PO didn't add it, he was too cheap to do something like that. It originally was sold in Los Banos CA (San Joaquin Valley farm country) so, the dealership may have ordered them that way,IDK?

Steve Addy

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with the others on this, the findings are inconsistent across models. My 94 K1500 has the hooks and lower valance (spoiler), the 93 C3500 has no hooks but I always assumed it had a spoiler originally even though it's gone now. These plastic spoilers just tend to get torn off sometimes.

Going to have to dig some more on this, if it was optional then there must be RPO for it; spoiler alone and then spoiler with front hooks.

I would assume that if you had the fog lights you would have had it with a spoiler....

Steve

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Totally agree with kenh, post #11, the aerodynamics at the rear of a vehicle is more important than the front. We bought the '94 GMC k1500 to tow travel trailers. Our current TT is a 2005 Trail Cruiser which has a curved smooth front, but better yet has a back with a roof that curves down and a the lower are is angled in. This design is much more aerodynamic than the squareback TT's that seem to predominate today. On my square back TT's I made a deflector that directed air flow off the roof down the back of the TT to break up the vacuum that forms behind most TT's. Don't know about pickups cause I've never had one.

My 94 has a valence and hooks.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Totally agree with kenh, post #11, the aerodynamics at the rear of a vehicle is more important than the front. We bought the '94 GMC k1500 to tow travel trailers. Our current TT is a 2005 Trail Cruiser which has a curved smooth front, but better yet has a back with a roof that curves down and a the lower are is angled in. This design is much more aerodynamic than the squareback TT's that seem to predominate today. On my square back TT's I made a deflector that directed air flow off the roof down the back of the TT to break up the vacuum that forms behind most TT's. Don't know about pickups cause I've never had one.

My 94 has a valence and hooks.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
All three styles are available at Summit. No holes, tow hook holes, and fog light holes. I don't believe there were valences with tow hooks and fog lights. I just bought the no hole for Frank and I'm considering getting another to bolt upside down for an air dam/splitter combo.:p They are 20 to 30 bucks but prolly have an oversize charge.