Truck Aerodynamics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Addy

Reaction score
All three styles are available at Summit. No holes, tow hook holes, and fog light holes. I don't believe there were valences with tow hooks and fog lights. I just bought the no hole for Frank and I'm considering getting another to bolt upside down for an air dam/splitter combo.:p They are 20 to 30 bucks but prolly have an oversize charge.

That was my idea too, I have two in the basement now, one with and one without hooks, but I'm more inclined to go back and get another no hook spoiler at the JY and combine the two as mentioned. I honestly don't think it would look too bad, I've seen far worse on other vehicles, like plastic lawn edging for front spoilers and rocker covers too...lol

I think if you do combine them you might need some supports behind it to keep it rigid, maybe some aluminum struts?

I looked at the C3500 today when I was down at the shop and there's no marks or old fasteners on the bumper that would indicate there was ever a lower spoiler attached. I've always thought that without one it looked odd, like it didn't have a chin. My natural reaction has always been that someone took it off or it got ripped off somehow. I never imagined that it was an option.

Steve

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
That was my idea too, I have two in the basement now, one with and one without hooks, but I'm more inclined to go back and get another no hook spoiler at the JY and combine the two as mentioned. I honestly don't think it would look too bad, I've seen far worse on other vehicles, like plastic lawn edging for front spoilers and rocker covers too...lol

I think if you do combine them you might need some supports behind it to keep it rigid, maybe some aluminum struts?

I looked at the C3500 today when I was down at the shop and there's no marks or old fasteners on the bumper that would indicate there was ever a lower spoiler attached. I've always thought that without one it looked odd, like it didn't have a chin. My natural reaction has always been that someone took it off or it got ripped off somehow. I never imagined that it was an option.

Steve
I would put a flat plate on the bottom one made from something stiff-ish like plywood with a couple layers of fiberglass or maybe an industrial plastic like Delrin ( available in black and is pretty slippery) and put some splitter supports in the 4 big holes designed to go around the bumper bolts. I would also brace it to the rear from those same holes and a cross brace or two to keep it from going side to side. Even at (legal) highway speeds the air is gonna try to tear the whole thing off!

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score

Steve
Ya don't use lawn edging! That's for amateurs! You use flexible cove base. Everybody knows that!:p

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Lmao, I've gotta get that sticker.
Me too!

More on topic; I think that the 94 up Silverado grille with its wing shaped center bar, was done with nascar in mind ( since they wanted to get the Chevy trucks competitive in super trucks/ Craftsman trucks. The W/T grille is more streamlined than the 88--93 one too. I've heard there was a GMC version of the super truck front end, but never seen one. That woulda been cool, Bowties and Jimmies going around in circles, smoking ferds and rams and toy trucks......

Last edited: