Tired hit inner fender on bumps! HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qwikgta

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
little cleanup and stretch on the rolled lip. Same drop, 22s. No more scraping.
This is exatly what I need to do to mine. I have a 5" drop front w/ 245/45/20 and when I hit a good dip, my tires rub the underside of the wheel well. Cutting mine like this will fix the prob. Great photo, thanks

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only when I hit a dip or pothole I can see where it’s hitting on the inside of the top of the fender well
You can cut that portion of the inner fender out, raise the inners, run more spring spacers, cut down a stock spring, or run shorter tires.

What's the lip to ground measurements on both sides?

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont know my exact front drop but mine does the same thing running 255/35/20. unless you want to raise it then you will have to work the inner fender well to solve it imho.
Bobby V

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a list of tips tricks etcetera?
Like a bowl of candy on someone else's desk.
* 265/60r15s or factory rubber is close in height and shape to 18"-24" depending on tire options and wheel offset. 29.5"..ballpark..
* There is a cold air intake port passenger side and a sub harness driver's side, with tires off and jack stands set Survey the wells and note hazards and removable/smash bend crushable hazards to gain safety space. Note all rub points and match to tires to do damage assessment. This is a standard maintenance item until you are scrape free. Can't cut this corner.

* Roll stretch well lips. It's very easy and easier to screw up the looks. Many ways to perform the removal and bends - unlike me you should put a .25" rod in the roll for support.

So there's bolt heads and stuff to grind on - look and ID and ponder the outcome before modding. carefully make it a no touch zone. The cut section and a stretch can fix this. Photos?

The CAI like inlet to filter will be in an increased dust suck chingadero but my filter seems same same on Airraid/k&n. Water was ok just rained.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did you decide cutting down the bump STOP was the corrective action needed?