Tired hit inner fender on bumps! HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went out and looked my truck, and yes, you can fit a torque wrench and socket on our trucks, but 99% of the vehicles I've worked on won't fit a torque wrench and socket. You have to use a crow's foot and do some math to account for the extra leverage. I've never seen anyone actually do it, and I've never seen a failure because of not using a torque wrench on the ball joints.

Dc8610

Reaction score
Alright just finish installing the coilovers. Instructions said to install on lowest setting so I did that now the damn thing is too low so I jacked it up took off the wheel and tried to adjust ring but g damn that thing is hard to turn with the spanned wrench. So I gave up for today.. anyone have any ideas to make this easier or am i just doing this wrong? I put anti seize on the threads and red grease between spring and ring adjuster… idk what I’m doing wrong or is this the way coilovers are??? Thanks

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright just finish installing the coilovers. Instructions said to install on lowest setting so I did that now the damn thing is too low so I jacked it up took off the wheel and tried to adjust ring but g damn that thing is hard to turn with the spanned wrench. So I gave up for today.. anyone have any ideas to make this easier or am i just doing this wrong? I put anti seize on the threads and red grease between spring and ring adjuster… idk what I’m doing wrong or is this the way coilovers are??? Thanks
What did you put the jack on? You need to take the weight off the suspension to make adjustments easier.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait sorry I had put the jack on the frame and took the wheel off and tried and nothing should I put load on the under arm to adjust???
No, under the frame is right, but try not to let it dangle. You want slack in the suspension, not compressed or completely extended.